Swain Overpowered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Menkyo

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOMxTactic View Post
Then Swain pops that R and gets full health back, cheaaa.
Not really because Fizz can pull this off starting at lvl 3. That means 3 lvls of free farm if you're a half decent Fizz. By the time Swain hits 6 you should have him well outfarmed and outgeared.

AcidS1

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix the rise View Post
*stands in middle of teamfight and sustains full health*
ignite OP bro.

Menkyo

06-21-2012

Even with ignite on him though he's still doing damage to all nearby champs.

Ghoulishweezil

06-21-2012

im sorry but if u wanna compare swain and fizz swain is more well rounded champ and brings more to the table and i dont lose 1 v 1 in lane all u gotta do is harass enough and u can farm pretty easy

Menkyo

06-21-2012

Not comparing Swain to Fizz at all. Was saying that a decent Fizz player should easily counter Swain in mid since Swain should never catch Fizz in his trap. Sorry to say, but if Fizz loses mid to Swain then someone is doing something horribly wrong because even after Swain gets his ult you should still be able to at least keep him neutralized.

Obviously Swain brings more to the team because his ult damages all nearby enemy champs where Fizz's ult only hits those in a pretty close group. I've found that in most teamfights though I can usually hit at least 3 people with Fizz's ult and jump. Not too bad IMO since it does a ton more damage right away than Swain does, but he doesn't have the sustained damage to the enemy team like Swain does.

Ghoulishweezil

06-21-2012

ya i know i use fizz sometimes he is really fun to play if he had atleast one actual good cc he would be tear 1 i think

Ghoulishweezil

06-21-2012

tier 1

TheXTorturer

07-25-2013

Well, on the damage note, let me just put something out there. Swain doesn't have much burst. In fact, he has almost no burst at all. However, give him five seconds or so, he'll be able to drop most squishy or bursty champions, mainly because of how much damage he can do continuously. He has his Q, which deals damage over a duration of time, his W, which lets him get closer (Swain does better if he's not being kited) His E, a simple debuff and DoT spell, and his ult, which also continuously does damage. Damage from three different sources acting at the same time while his spells are dealing extra damage from the buff on his E? I think he can do a **** ton of damage, just not in bursts.

Betsujin

07-25-2013

Swain dominates low ranged champs in lane, but the main issue of swain is his terrible wave clear, and until mid or late game he can't keep his ult up for very long without going oom. I personally use swain as a counter to several champs top lane.

Blessed Raven

07-27-2013

Swain demolishes fizz. Pre 6 you just make sure to combo and auto attack fizz whenever he comes in for cs. If he doesnt come in range for cs then hes losing out on all that gold....If fizz comes at you pre 6, pop nevermore and kite him. The initial combo will hit you but fizz will take a beating trying to get back behind his minions. Ive played swain vs fizz many times. The only straight counters to swain are xerath/lux because as swain you never get your combo off and late game lux can just melt you from behind her team

Edit: By the time fizz hits level 2 I usually have him at 3/4 to 1/2 hp. How do you not get zoned out by a swain level 1? I dont udnerstand how people say fizz counters swain