Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Swain Overpowered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Varamis

05-20-2012

I've been playing Swain mid a good amount lately in unranked 30 matches.

He seems like one of those AP champs that needs a Rod of Ages asap.

He can become extremely tanky with his ULT(especially with a frozen heart), and make teams without 2+ ignites cry.

Although it seems like Ryze, Annie, and Ahri etc would be much better for burst and team fighting.

I just have a ton of fun playing him, and his nevermore seems really powerful if you can aim it well.

ÆØþðŠÞŌ

05-20-2012

ignite

An Agile Phoenix

05-20-2012

*stands in middle of teamfight and sustains full health*

Ghoulishweezil

06-21-2012

okay i play swain a hell of alot he is extremely fun and very different from other aps if you master him you can burst someone down trust me iv been doing it he hits pretty hard with full combo i never lose mid with him only reason people think he sucks is because he is so different people have a hard time mastering him plus he is not a one button burst champ he actually takes skill u gotta use all his abilties to be effective...

ButterNutz69

Recruiter

06-21-2012

i think fizz would counter swain hardcore

Ghoulishweezil

06-21-2012

i went against him couple times he kinda counter but its the player he jumped at me my trap was waiting he landed in it and got whooped lmao....

Menkyo

06-21-2012

Quote:
ZOOMxTactic:
Swain's mana drain for his damage output is meh but he can build tanky ... I think he needs a buff. His damage isn't enough to secure kills but he's really good to have in teamfights with the constant damage to the other team.

Pretty much this. He's great for late game teamfights because he can be quite tanky and his ult provides constant dmg to all enemy champs. In lane though, 1v1, he's not OP at all.

R3dund4ncy

06-21-2012

Quote:
Phoenix the rise:
*stands in middle of teamfight and sustains full health*

^this is swain.
At 6 you have amazing sustain + farm (provided you get some decent mana regen), if you harass well YOU WILL win either levels, farm, or kills, and in the end probably your lane simply because you don't need to b and heal. (provided you play carefully and don't die).

Annie - stun every 4th hit, Q that can be spammed for farming, with a bit of AP, she can kill any squishy instantly, or just put a hard cc on anyone that needs it. If anything, Annie is the OP champ in that matchup.

Quote:
ButterNutz69:
i think fizz would counter swain hardcore

I can confirm this.

Menkyo

06-21-2012

Quote:
Ghoulishweezil:
i went against him couple times he kinda counter but its the player he jumped at me my trap was waiting he landed in it and got whooped lmao....

A decent fizz would Q/W combo, wait for swain to drop his trap, then E out of it. Very little dmg taken and fizz's Q/W does quite a decent bit of dmg with 2 hits landed.

Mister Simple

06-21-2012

Then Swain pops that R and gets full health back, cheaaa.