How to Play Jungle and lane Cho'Gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IurTaeMont

05-04-2012

I was wondering about tips and what not on how to play Jungle and Lane Cho'Gath.

I've looked online and everything ust talks about builds, but nothing on HOW to actually play him. What route do I take in the Jungle? Who should I avoid in 1v1? When Should I consider a fight a loss and run? Stuff like that.

Can anyone help me?

Etherimp

05-04-2012

Yeah.. Build Armor yellows, Magic Penetration Reds, MR Per Level Blues (CDR is also acceptable), and MoveSpeed, Health, AP, or MPen Quints.

I use a defensive jungle mastery build.. Points in defense and Utility.. Although masteries are mostly preference.

First item go Cloth Armor and 5 Health Pots (Although, you could go other options on Chogath.. Cloth Armor and 5 health pots is always safe until you get a better feel for him.)

Take E first, (your spikes)

Start at Wolves, attack them first, and then tell your allies to give them a few good auto-attacks but NOT last hit them.. Kill them off.. Go immediately to Blue.. Have your mid lane pull blue and your bot lane give them a few auto attacks just to help speed up your jungle. Auto-attack them down and smite as soon as the blue has 500 HP remaining. Remember that if you kill blue while your allies are nearby you will lose XP and may not level.

After Blue, pick up 1 point in Rupture, then go to Wraiths.. Use rupture as you approach, then auto attack them down, using rupture when it's off cooldown.

After Wraiths, go back to Wolves, and kill them using the same method.

You should be about level 3 now.. Pick up another point in E, and go to Red.. Kill red using smite.

Go back to Wraiths, Golems, you should hit level 4 and pick up a point in W, then gank or recall.

I like to rush Catalyst the Protector, but on your first back you probably want to pick up Boots, 3 Wards, and a few pots.

Make sure you ward enemy blue so you can counter-jungle and give a blue to your mid lane AP carry.

Use your other 2 wards on top river and infront of dragon. This alone can save your team from feeding.

While you're running around the map placing wards, make sure to gank lanes and continue jungling between ganks and warding. After you have 1 point in Q, W, and 2 points in E, you can focus on leveling up W, as it is the easiest to land and does substantial damage at higher levels. (AOE silence is also incredibly nice.)

When you hit level 6, use your feast to either finish off kills on people you're ganking, or level it up in the jungle so you get 6 stacks as soon as possible.

Don't be afraid to gank BEFORE level 4 if you think you can pull it off and you have an ally in lane which has some kind of CC or considerable burst to help you out... especially if an enemy lane is overextending.

Hope this helps.. Good luck.

IurTaeMont

05-05-2012

Ty mate.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2012

Cho is a really good duelist and a fast clearer. Not much worry there and you can even counterjungle if your lanes are pushed (ergo, the opposing laners can't come to help their jungler without being heavily punished for it). Your gank involves walking up to them, then using Q only when they run - try to come in at an angle so you can catch up to them after it lands. If your allied laner has CC, it's better for him to open with it so you can guarantee Q.