Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

People who don't click "Play Now"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RAGEbutthurt

05-04-2012

If someone never actually clicks "Play Now" why does PvP.net allow the match to actually start with an AFK who didn't even pick a champion. Wouldn't it be obvious to boot this person?

RAGEbutthurt

05-04-2012

also, I made this post in the 4 minutes that I had to waste because I was the one who had to shoulder the burden because someone went afk.

RiotBahamut

Associate Software Engineer

05-05-2012

We're currently looking in to solutions to this issue, but I don't have a timeline to share (Making this change is a little involved since it introduces changes to the flow for queuing up and matchmaking). At the very least, I can assure you right now that we're aware of the problem, and we realize the "play now" / "finish what I was doing" matchmaking dialogue doesn't lend itself to providing the best possible experience. Thanks for the suggestion

BlargChikaBlargh

05-05-2012

It should do what it does in Ranked and just send you to champ select. Also, I agree where if someone doesn't lock in their champ manually, they should get booted from the queue.

Leboniz

05-05-2012

Quote:
BlargChikaBlargh:
It should do what it does in Ranked and just send you to champ select. Also, I agree where if someone doesn't lock in their champ manually, they should get booted from the queue.

i disagree with the forced manual lock in because i personally like to let it ride so i have room to change my mind if i need to.

RapZero

05-05-2012

If the person doesn't even click a champ then they should be booted when the timer is up.

Aidjin

05-05-2012

I am only on here because the last two games I have joined someone was afk and didn't select a champ so now i have to wait over 20 minutes to play a game. This is absurd. Fix this, or at least you should remove the game leaving timer if someone has not selected a hero before the timer runs out.

CHICKENpl0x

05-06-2012

What about a button to go to champ select after you're done finishing what you're doing (way) before the thirty seconds are up?