People who don't click "Play Now"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RAGEbutthurt

05-04-2012

If someone never actually clicks "Play Now" why does PvP.net allow the match to actually start with an AFK who didn't even pick a champion. Wouldn't it be obvious to boot this person?

RAGEbutthurt

05-04-2012

also, I made this post in the 4 minutes that I had to waste because I was the one who had to shoulder the burden because someone went afk.

RiotBahamut

Associate Software Engineer

05-05-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We're currently looking in to solutions to this issue, but I don't have a timeline to share (Making this change is a little involved since it introduces changes to the flow for queuing up and matchmaking). At the very least, I can assure you right now that we're aware of the problem, and we realize the "play now" / "finish what I was doing" matchmaking dialogue doesn't lend itself to providing the best possible experience. Thanks for the suggestion

BlargChikaBlargh

05-05-2012

It should do what it does in Ranked and just send you to champ select. Also, I agree where if someone doesn't lock in their champ manually, they should get booted from the queue.

Leboniz

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlargChikaBlargh View Post
It should do what it does in Ranked and just send you to champ select. Also, I agree where if someone doesn't lock in their champ manually, they should get booted from the queue.
i disagree with the forced manual lock in because i personally like to let it ride so i have room to change my mind if i need to.

RapZero

05-05-2012

If the person doesn't even click a champ then they should be booted when the timer is up.

Aidjin

05-05-2012

I am only on here because the last two games I have joined someone was afk and didn't select a champ so now i have to wait over 20 minutes to play a game. This is absurd. Fix this, or at least you should remove the game leaving timer if someone has not selected a hero before the timer runs out.

CHICKENpl0x

05-06-2012

What about a button to go to champ select after you're done finishing what you're doing (way) before the thirty seconds are up?