Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spectator Mode Delay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xsn

05-04-2012

So, if I'm not mistaken the current delay on spectator mode is three minutes, which is alright, but it still sort of leaves room for exploit here, I'll explain with an example:

EG. Purple team sneaks baron, blue team, devoid of any sort of map awareness, doesn't realize baron has been gone for two minutes. An outside spectator let's the blue team know that baron went down at 30:00 [For those of you that do not know respawn times, baron comes up seven minutes from death] The spectator could tell the blue team that baron is up at 37:00 exactly. Even though the blue team didn't have vision on baron, they know exactly when it went down and when it's going to come back up. A bit unfair, in my opinion.

The way I see it right now is this: Spectator mode (as it currently stands) still allows for an outside spectator to ghost respawn times for:

Summoners Rift: Red buff, blue buff, dragon, baron,
Twisted Treeline: Red buff, dragon
[Dominion: I don't know, see below]

To ensure that an outside spectator cannot relay any information that a team does not already have, my suggestion is that the spectator mode delay be increased to:
Summoners Rift: Over 7 Minutes
Twisted Treeline: Over 5 Minutes

[Dominion: I have no idea because I never play it, but I'm sure someone else could work out the needed delay for that game mode too, based on respawn times]

Asuul

05-04-2012

Quote:
Unconnected:

To ensure that an outside spectator cannot relay any information that a team does not already have, my suggestion is that the spectator mode delay be increased to:
Summoners Rift: Over 7 Minutes
Twisted Treeline: Over 5 Minutes

[Dominion: I have no idea because I never play it, but I'm sure someone else could work out the needed delay for that game mode too, based on respawn times]

Don't forget Teemo Shrooms at 10 minutes! I don't want everyone to know where my carefully laid traps are! Particularly the ones I place inside baron to monitor attempts.

NoblesseLoki

05-05-2012

That seems a little extreme.... a 7 min delay is about a good chunk of the game, not to mention the lobby and the loading process being delayed that long is just ridiculous.

Not saying it's impossible....but it seems improbable that someone will point out everything on the map with a 3 min delay to have super accurate results, and if they do....then why even bother?

Seems like the hypothetical exploiter(s) is(are) trying way too hard.

wlwl1

11-12-2013

Quote:
NoblesseLoki:
That seems a little extreme.... a 7 min delay is about a good chunk of the game, not to mention the lobby and the loading process being delayed that long is just ridiculous.

Not saying it's impossible....but it seems improbable that someone will point out everything on the map with a 3 min delay to have super accurate results, and if they do....then why even bother?

Seems like the hypothetical exploiter(s) is(are) trying way too hard.

I disagree. Some people might "try too hard" to get that extra lp in ranked which is annoying for players who want to play a fair game.