Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team Comp Generator - Team organizer app

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archonas

05-04-2012

Greetings my fellow league enthusiasts!

I've come to inform you of a new application I have recently developed. It is called Team Composition Generator (let's just shorten that to TCG). Let me tell you about it:

- Brief Description:

TCG is a windows application designed to organize and track the progress of a five person team. The app was designed for the MOBA (Massive Online Battle Arena) style game League of Legends. It essentially separates all your team members and what champions they play into roles which are arranged on a graph. This allows you to compare team comps quickly.

- Less-than Brief Description:
I can't count the number of times my friends and I, during champion selection, just couldn't seem to decide on which champions to play. Rather, we couldn't decide what the best combination of champs (out of all the champions we play) would produce the best team composition.

TCG was developed for those of us who don't feel like drawing up spreadsheets. This small piece of software will assist in keeping track of which players play which roles with which champions on a team of five players.

It's a novel idea for a simple problem. And it is so much easier to read than a big old spreadsheet. Not only will you be able to keep track of which teammates play what, but you'll be able to assemble a team of champions "on the fly" out of your roster.

So it really comes down to this. If you have friends, and you don't feel like memorizing each and every champion they play, then you may be interested in using Team Composition Generator.

So there you have it! This is still a work in progress so any constructive criticism would be much appreciated!

The application is fairly straight forward, but I'd be happy to answer questions. There is also a readme included with the program.

UPDATE:

Version 1.0.2 - 5/23/2012

- fixed several small UI bugs

- added newest champion Darius to the champ list

- added a "load this team on startup" checkbox feature. Simply load a team, then tick the
checkbox to have that team automatically load when you start the program

Version 1.0.1 - 5/17/2012

- fixed a bug in the Team Editor that prompted user to save their team upon closing the window,
even after the "save as" toolbar option was completed

- fixed UI bug where the bottom of the Team Editor window was too short to view the last champion
in the list boxes for team member 5

- Updated the Champion selection window to allow searches of both list boxes

- Multi-selection of champions has been removed, therefore the "select all" toggle checkboxes
have been removed

- Added the feature to allow user to double click a champion name in a list box to move it to
the adjacent list

- Added Randomize feature to the main form.
Some known issues:
- Sometimes a champion slot is left blank, this seems to happen more often when there
are slots that have 0 champions. This may just be a limitation of the algorithm.
- If there are duplicate champions in different roles, there is a chance that the
randomizer will double pick

Note: you must have at least one champion available to be selected for each role in order to
use the Randomize tool.

Navigate to this page to download:

http://leagueapps.webs.com/downloads

Hope you find it useful, enjoy!

Archonas

05-04-2012

Space Reserved

Archonas

05-05-2012

Bump, for those who might find it useful

Luvatar

05-05-2012

Looks pretty. Deserves a bump.

Too bad I'm too forever alone to use it Q_Q

Naleek

05-05-2012

Looks pretty interesting! I'll give it a try.

Cae vida loka

05-05-2012

im child generator

come at me and get laid

syyphoN

05-05-2012

sounds cool

bump

Archonas

05-05-2012

Quote:
Luvatar:
Looks pretty. Deserves a bump.

Too bad I'm too forever alone to use it Q_Q

Aw you can play with me <3

Archonas

05-05-2012

Quote:
Naleek:
Looks pretty interesting! I'll give it a try.

Let me know if you found it helpful/enjoyable

This project was kinda just a personal challenge, and if others can benefit from it, great!

Just to be clear this is free to use and share. If you know someone who might like it (they organize a team) then direct them to the thread.

Thanks!

Archonas

05-06-2012

Another bump, Will bump it once or twice more just so others can see