Ride my PWNY - A Hecarim Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RobWild

05-04-2012

OK so after countless experimental builds I've found what I think is the best build for dominion for me. Like all great builds and characters you must adapt to the game you are playing, so the order of these things sometimes gets moved around. I also allow for situational items, as I don't always favor armor or magic resist, depends on the game. That being said there are 3 core items, all of which are pretty cheap and can be grabbed up fast, I'll explain why I chose these. But before I do let me explain what I think Hecarim excels at and how I play him on dom.

Basically when the ult is up, you pwn team fights hard. You need it up, you need it up often. Therefor you need max cooldown reduc. WIth my talents (15/15/0 which I can go into at another time if interested cause its one of my favorite mastery builds btw) I get all the cooldown reduc stuff in the trees which by end level I think is 12ish. So in Items I need to get 30 more to max. Second is you are build for speed and lots of it, you are a disruptive, crazy horse, speed crack, rammus style fool without his hard core D. That means when ult isn't up you have to play a little more cautiously. Charge to knock people toward your team, not to get into a fight (use items if you want to crack speed in). I prioritize the aoe heal/dmg and the aoe slice attack evenly while leveling up. OK on to the items.

Shurelias reverie – Whats cool about hec is this item which I rarely get is totally awesome on him and my first core item. Cooldown reduc to start the game by getting a kindle gem for a couple hundered health and 10% cooldown reduc. When built out you get a ton of health at 330, bunch of health and mana regen, 15% cooldown reduc, and most importantly CRACK SPEED on a one min cooldown. It’s a 40% buff, FYI that's almost double ghost. When you click this **** on hec you get a nifty bonus of about 20AD as well, sick side effect for a utility item. I use this to get in, get out, cap a point, endless really. Double bonus, this **** is aoe, you can use it to save teamates giving them the speed bonus as well or for your whole team to run around on crack and catch up to those running ememies.

Yomumu ghost blade – Hec does mostly physical, this item shreds armor, gives dmg, and cooldown reduc, enough said. When building hec I actually get brutalizer and just leave it at that for quite a while, I don't always finish yomumu. But when I do I get the other 15% I need to max cooldown (10 from just the bruta) and guess what? ANOTHER CRACK BOOST. This one is only 20% though, but still, it also improves attack speed 50%. Mostly I'm not standing toe to toe with people though, why would I, im the king of the pwnys running around here.

Sheen – Sheen is a core item for the effect. Once you get Shurelia, bruta, I get a sheen unless I'm dieing a bunch and need resistances early. This build is cheap and the enemy barely has one or two core items themselves. Sheen makes every autoattack almost double, you have a spammable ability (once ever few seconds) that procs it. So it makes you start packing quite a decent hit to make you feared (even without the ult). If the game goes super long this can upgrade into Trinity force, but I never do because after these core items I just work on D or other situational items I need.

Situational – Not going to go into them all. But Thornmail, atmas, sunfire are all dope if you need armor. Force of nature, hexdrinker/maw if you need magic resist. And aegis if you need a bit of both and more health/dmg to boot.

Last thing, to truly ride the pwny into the glory of all that he is you must do the following at some point during your game:

Hit speed shrine, activate Shurelia, activate ghostblade, use your charge move. CRACK SPEEEEEEEED, its outrageous lol

PPS – I don't initiate or stay out front with hec (in team fights, if only a few sometimes I harass if I can), I wait for the team fights or small fights to start typically. If you can fly into the middle of the enemy once a fight is engaged with your ult it is really devistating and often wins it for my team. Sometimes I die but we win the fight, more often than not I escape out of there then come back in, or just keep fighting if we gonna win it. I usually activate my aura before ulting in.

GrignardTS

05-04-2012

It's super cool that Ghostblade gives him extra AD.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Note that you really only want 25% CDR. This puts your Q at 3 sec CD instead of 4, and with 2 rampage stacks, brings it to 1 second which is as LOW AS IT GETS.

Hence, I wouldn't chase CDR beyond that point since faster Charge CD isn't hugely useful nor is your Aura really. All you get is having your Ult up slightly more often. Which is good, but not worth CDR chasing past 25.

That is an interesting playstyle. So far Ive found the best results being a new Malphite basically. I tank and initiate relying on my allies to beat up the baddies and heal me thru my aura, while I spam Q like crazy.
My only offense is Pros Blade and TriForce, though I get Ionic Boots (with defense) for the CDR early on. The rest is defensive stuff. This is because his offense doesn't scale very well.

Still new to him so I might try Boots of Speed (hate paying 600g for +20 movespeed tho!), and use a Frozen Heart for the CDR instead. Or even Brutalizer/ghostblade like you state.

RobWild

05-04-2012

Ahhh thanks for the notes Warrrrax I'll keep that in mind. As I said I normally get the Shurelias and the brutalizer and don't complete it, so in a way I guess I'm getting 25% for most the game. But as I said in my original post, the extra cooldown is what I want for the ult. When it is up, we own teamfights pretty well, when it is not I have to play a lot more carefully. When I max cd reduc it is up for almost every major encounter which is huge.

I've done the prospector blade Trinity Force. The thing about that is the cost is insane for those two items which provide hardly any defense. I like the extra move speed. But for that same cost (what is it like 5K?) I can get Shurelias, Bruta, Sheen and max my cooldown saving my boots for whatever defense I need.

I think the pros/trinity is a decent option on him, I have more success with the one above especially when using the active on shurelias, it has so much utility. And I do plenty damage to kill with what I listed above.