How to fight top Pantheon as Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strikertoto

05-04-2012

His stun-spear combo is a lot stronger than my triple Q and w combo. He also has innate shield that blocks my auto attack so I guess my usual "hit and run" or "damage trade" strategy won't work against Pantheon. What should I do? Should I just play passive and tower hug?

pronomore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

at 6 you should be able to trade with him with ur ult, until then just buy armor and try not to get butt raped to hard

Warscythes

05-04-2012

Max your shield first.

I am not kidding either, as long as you can farm against pantheon as Riven you will win your lane. Maxing the shield allow you to absorb the Q harass.

Dotaa Angel

05-04-2012

dnt get riven

Arrhenius

05-04-2012

Start cloth armor, when he stuns, you stun right back and open up with your combo. His passive just requires you to make your combo have an extra Q->AA. Also, don't underestimate your shield. It's a great lead-in and still gives you a passive proc. He has to work with mana. You can out sustain him in that regard.

jerrrry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Really just don't play aggressive at all and don't try to harass him. Try to shield all his spears and farm. He'll end up pushing to your tower and riven can farm under tower pretty well. He'll also run out of mana if he tries to harass you to much and then he is just a meaty snack for you if he doesn't go back to shop.

David Alexander

05-04-2012

Panth is a great champion. So is Riven. Something you should know though. Make panth attack you while your in your minion wave. The minions will agro him and break his shield. Thats for the main agressive part. As for his Q spam. Level up your E every time is available. You should always do this for top lane since the extra shield hurts jungle's chance of ganking you.

So, Q>E>W>E>E>R>E>E>whatever.
Panth will go Q>W>E>Q>Q>R>other stuff
Now, if panth levels his E first... You don't have to worry about anything since you can break it with your W and just free trade easily.

The best defense against any champ is knowing the champion your against well.

NicoliTheCat

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvelAlexander View Post
Panth is a great champion. So is Riven. Something you should know though. Make panth attack you while your in your minion wave. The minions will agro him and break his shield. Thats for the main agressive part. As for his Q spam. Level up your E every time is available. You should always do this for top lane since the extra shield hurts jungle's chance of ganking you.

So, Q>E>W>E>E>R>E>E>whatever.
Panth will go Q>W>E>Q>Q>R>other stuff
Now, if panth levels his E first... You don't have to worry about anything since you can break it with your W and just free trade easily.

The best defense against any champ is knowing the champion your against well.
Minions only break Panth's shield after a certain point. Siege minions will trigger it rather early, but basic minions will only trigger it mid-late game.

Tenmar

05-04-2012

Ninja Tabi, Wriggles and plenty of HP pots just wreck Panth outright. Never worry about Panths E early game cause it doesn't do damage and use your shield to absorb his spear toss. Everything else you just need to make sure you trade with him with your abilities instead of AA.

LordGwaihir

05-04-2012

Start Shield and Cloth+5 Pot. Let him push the lane, shield his spears and harass back, he should run oom w/out doing much. Ramp up your aggression as the lane progresses as you scale harder then he does. Biggest thing is to not die to ganks as his stun could ruin your day if you over extend.