Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Support a Fellow Summoner and Make-A-Wish ®

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RuriRuri

05-04-2012

fellow joe, I got your back bro. Get well and best of wishes!! See you on the SR!

Purifying Entity

05-04-2012

I'm sad
I own both Jax and Jaximus skin.
Riot! Cut me a deal with some other Skin.

TinyShrimpFan

05-04-2012

Quote:
Ryze:
Summoners!

Last year, you showed us the power of this community when you supported the Red Cross’ Japan earthquake and tsunami relief efforts. This year, we’re asking for your help to support a fellow summoner, Joe.

Joe has been battling Ewing’s Sarcoma, a rare type of cancerous bone tumor that affects thousands of children around the world. Joe, a 17-year-old from Westchester, Pa., first joined the ranks of League of Legends a couple of years ago with his friends, and plays the game as a way to stay connected with them as he undergoes treatment.

A few months back, we started working with Make-A-Wish® to bring Joe and his dad out to our Santa Monica HQ to spend the day. We were excited to meet him, and were blown away by his courage and positive attitude.

Joe’s visit inspired us to give back to Make-A-Wish to help them make more of these wishes possible. From now, May 4, until 10:30 a.m. PT on May 18, 2012, Riot Games will donate 100 percent of the RP sale price for Joe’s favorite champion, Jax, and his Jaximus skin to Make-A-Wish. To make it easier to help, we’ll also be lowering the price of both the champion and skin by 50% during this period.

Your purchase will help Make-A-Wish impact the lives of the thousands of kids around the world with life-threatening medical conditions through their wish experience. Since its founding in 1980, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 280,000 wishes, and now serves children in 48 countries. Funds raised from the promotion will benefit Make-A-Wish America and Make-A-Wish International to bring hope, strength and joy to wish kids throughout the world.

You can also visit wish.org (U.S.) and worldwish.org (International) to learn how you can share the power of a wish®.

Check out a few photos from Joe’s visit to Riot Games:

Joe and his father Ken grab a picture with some Rioters by his welcome sign in our HQ’s lobby.

Joe teams up with Brandon “Ryze” Beck, Marc “Tryndamere” Merrill and David “Phreak” Turley to take on a group of Rioters, while Rivington “RivingtonThe3rd” Bisland III shoutcasts the match for other Rioters watching.

Joe takes a photo with Brandon “Ryze” Beck, Marc “Tryndamere” Merrill and Andrew “Tamat” Beegle after scoring a victory on the Field of Justice.

Joe sits down with members of the Riot champion and skin design teams to look through original concept art.

Joe sits down with members of the Riot champion and skin design teams to look through original concept art.

Joe holds a poster signed by dozens of Rioters.

Yo ryze is their anything else we can do? Already own Jax and Jaximus on my main and smurf

DotaVeteran

05-04-2012

I really hope that almost everyone will put in the effort to make this kid's life better. I will be trying my best to help him. Thanks Riot for putting every effort to help your fans in need.

Xelanoh

05-04-2012

This is very inspirational. Well done riot games. Much love <3

FlatBlack XD

05-04-2012

I seriously just bought the Jaximus skin 4-5 days ago =/. Had I known I would've waited and bought Jax with RP instead of IP and spent the RP on Jaximus as well.

Oh well, great job Riot on doing stuff like this, really shows you care.

Niaj

05-04-2012

I also already own Jax and Jaximus. Is there some way I can help as well? I really would like to contribute for Mr. Joe . Thanks Riot.

Sonovius

05-04-2012

put Pax Jax on sale - cure cancer

Holden CauIfield

05-04-2012

Amazing cause, and the perfect champ to do it with!

scumbag riot turned into good guy riot. Good job guys

Sitrein

05-04-2012

I just tried to buy jax in the store and it told me my purchase couldn't be completed at this time. Also, Riot, it would be really cool if you put The Champ and his Jaximus skin in a bundle and called it something like "The Joe Bundle" or something, then in the store make an add for it like the current sales adds, just to get more attention drawn to it.