Hecarium OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

I havent heard any chat about Hec. So far when I have either played him, played with him on my team or played against him, he always seems to take a Horse-Sized dump on the opposition.
Its kind of like Pantheon. Win or Lose, the Panth player usually does really well.

He seems really strong to me. If you look at his abilities:

a) High health 440 +95/lvl. Good armor, bruiser level MR.

b) Good deal of free stats from passive. Assuming a typical average MS of 420, he gets 25 free AD permanently, which is worth 1000 gold. More with Ghost, his Charge, etc. Less with slows. Not as good as rammus of course, but significant since he USES his AD so much.
This also encourages 21defense,8utility and MS quints for even higher mobility.

c) A Malphite Ult basically with fear instead of knockup. Same if not better range. Very strong.

d) Unlike Malph, he has the Area of Effect healing/damaging aura which is amazing in a teamfight. You gain 30% of ALL DAMAGE DONE to enemies(by anyone, not just you) in that rather large area? Thats kind of ridiculous. As long as your team doesn't stand there like idiots when you charge a node, you will likely heal all turret hits and burst for the next few seconds.

e) He has a Rammus Powerball effect basically. Not as good of course, but still gives him really solid mobility and gets him Top really quickly.

f) Big AoE spammable (yes, his THIRD AoE now...) that triggers triforce like a mofo. With only 25% CDR, hes casting every 1 second!

He's quite solid, with very high mobility, excellent initiation, and pretty good survivability so that he can initiate relatively safely. He also has decent burst damage, good sustained damage, and chasing ability.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Part D is slightly incorrect, he only heals based off damage done to opponents, not to anyone. But i agree he seems quite strong, I have seen some good Hecarims out there.

Hékate

05-03-2012

I haven't played with him on my team much but I've found him to be a huge pain in the ass to play against. He gets around and flanks like nobody's business and is difficult to kill. I found myself thinking the other day "hurry up team and capture this point before Hecarim is back!"

GrignardTS

05-03-2012

He's fast.

That's about it.

A12MO12

05-03-2012

he has great mobility, ult can change team fights around, but other then that his damage is mediocre at best, he has little to no sustain, can't stand toe to toe with any other bruiser.

Redenbacher

05-03-2012

I think his primary weakness is also his strength, and that's his plethora of AoE abilities, which he's balanced around. As a result, single-target effectiveness is weak, and he's not a very good duelist as the stronger Dominion champions are.

I personally haven't seen any great Hecarims, but on paper he seems very strong.

Argodis

05-03-2012

OP? He feels more like Eve to me. You're sort of just a a warm body until you get items. You can't 1v1 anyone, you can't solo defend, you can't really do anything alone. Eve has a better early and mid game presence than Hecarim. But like Eve, once you get Trinity Force and maybe Yommus, there aren't many champs that can stop you.

So I guess I would say he's balanced if not slightly underpowered.

Grantson

05-03-2012

Don't really feel threatened by him, he doesn't have the burst spike that other champion have, and most players focus on building speed so much that he's defense is usually between the levels of normal to squishy.

Sure he can catch up to anyone who's not fighting near a cap point but as soon as he closes the gap. I just throw an Exhaust or Ignite and burst him down.

Currently he's a great at back-capping and defending against back-capping. But if you build him tanky people ignore him in team fight as he's not disruptive or harmful, and if he build offensive he dies too easy.

Warrrrax

05-03-2012

His single target damage seems alright to me. All you need is a Sheen which he is guaranteed to be able to trigger quite often.

Between his bigger than average autoattacks (passive AD bonus), his sheen bonus which is pretty often, and his 1 second spammable AoE (which still has a 0.6 AD ratio, along with decent base damage), he seems to do ok.

How can you say he has no sustain?!? Say he and an enemy see each other and start fighting. As soon as he is damaged, Hec uses his AURA.
He now has a 30% lifesteal/spellvamp that others can even contribute towards! Not only does he deal seveal hundred damage with the aura, but he can launch a Dev Blow as a mininuke along with Q spam and sheen/triforce spam.

Besides, this is dominion. There are a lot of small scale fights, but I just don't see all that many 1v1s that start out that way and stay that way without being influenced by a tower or whatever. Most of these are generally unnecessary and due to a scrubby move on one of their parts.

Maybe if you are running around backcapping all the time, but I'd think playing a tanky Hec you would have sense enough to stay with another teammate or two so you can tank for them and deal your high AoE damage in a teamfight.

How do you ignore Hec in a teamfight? He has three AoE effects with his Ult having the fear effect. Especially since he can spam that Q every one second and trigger a triforce hit every 2.

ZeroAquaduct

05-03-2012

I find Hecarium to be OP if the summoner plays him in a kinda trollish way (i.e., back-capping and then joining team fights late, cleaning up everyone and running back into the jungle, repeat). Every time we had problems with Hecarium, that's how he was played.

If he was played regularly like any other champion, then he's not that bad, IMO.