Varus on Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imwetoddid

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTK View Post
There is also Hail of Arrows for slowing, no?
Because that totally helps Miss Fortune.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommodoreSkippy View Post
I'm expecting to see a lot of surprised Piercing arrows flying out of bushes.

This guy has quite the interesting kit. A skillshot nuke, On-hit toggle (with built in personal Leona passive), Soft CC and grievous wounds (and we know how powerful lifesteal is.) and a multitarget hard CC ult.

I think he'll fit in very nicely. He can likely kite all day, and his abilities compliment teamfights well. Definite candidate for top.
I like to think of Blight as a reverse Lux passive, in that instead of your skills placing a mark that you can activate for bonus damage with an auto-attack, your auto-attacks apply a mark that you can activate for bonus damage with a skill.

He looks like a lot of fun and definitely will be a viable pick in Dominion. Just because you aren't Urgot/Ezreal/Vayne doesn't mean you can't work, Kog'Maw is one of the most feared picks in Dominion because of his excellent range and absurd damage output, and I'm sure Varus will fit in that category himself.

Panwar

05-04-2012

Most of the ranged carries are at the very least situationally viable. I'm sure Varus will be no different. Though the lack of strong dueling/escape abilities or aoe pushing abilities(depending on how his aoe thing works) means he's probably better top lane.

HaIfhearted

05-04-2012

The way I see it he is gonna work a lot like an AD version of AP Nidalee.

You would abuse the ridiculously huge range on his Piercing Arrow to poke people down from miles away or safely interrupt captures.
Piercing Arrow has the advantage of penetrating through multiple targets, so you cant simply hide behind minions (or another teammate) to stop it.

Treat Hail of Arrows as an area-of-denial thing like Kog'maw's Void Ooze or MF's Make it Rain.
When someone tries to go after you, just throw it down between you and them and gtfo.

When a teamfight finally DOES break out, put his ultimate down in the middle of it and start raining auto-attacks on people.

The one thing that bugs me about Varus is his average auto-attack range in comparison to some of the other ranged ADs.
I personally feel as though his autos need at least 50 more range on them, otherwise I'd be hesitant of autoing people for fear of getting within range of the numerous gap-closers that Bruisers usually pack.

Foofm

05-04-2012

You should be able to just Hail of Arrows under yourself is you see a Bruiser with a gap closer running at you (and then start kiting). Either they get slowed, or they turn around. Compared to a lot of AD carries I don't see Varus being too bad at keeping Bruisers at bay. You just have to be proactive, not reactive. Since you don't have a built in flash, you can't afford to let the Bruisers with gap closers get in range to use those gap closers. Stay away from the jungle and bushes, if the Bruisers are MIA and you'll be fine.

Plus, Ult + Hail is going to be fun at top. Oh hai enemy team, you just got immobilzed, snared, and healing debuffed!

Foofm

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imwetoddid View Post
Because that totally helps Miss Fortune.
They aren't the same ability though.

MF:

Cooldown: 15 seconds (9 seconds with max CDR)
Slow: 40%
Duration: 2 seconds for AoE, slow lingers for 1 second.
Range: 800

Varus:

Cooldown: 10 seconds (at max rank) (6 seconds with max CDR)
Slow: 50%
Duration: 4 seconds
Range: 925

Not only is Varus slow more powerful (and is going to do a ton more damage since it scales with AD and deals damage upfront), but it has a longer range and has a much better total uptime.

Uptimes:

No CDR:

MF: 20%
Varus: 40%

CDR:

MF: 30%
Varus: 66-67% (however you want to round it).

So in general, Varus ability to slow > MFs ability to slow by a longshot.

To recap:

Varus slow:

Has better damage
Slows for more
Has a much better uptime
Has a longer range
Has a healing debuff