Varus on Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJTK

05-04-2012

He may not be tanky, but he sounds like he has some really good Bot potential with his long ranged abilities as well as slowing abilities.

Thoughts?

DiscworldDeath

05-04-2012

Easy to gank, will die to anyone with gap closers, not a super strong 1v1 like Vayne.

DJTK

05-04-2012

Would Chain of Corruption (Ultimate): Varus flings out a tendril of corruption that immobilizes the first enemy champion hit and then spreads towards nearby uninfected champions, immobilizing them too on contact. Not counter that?

The Elk

05-04-2012

You can't rely solely on your ultimate to escape.

DJTK

05-04-2012

There is also Hail of Arrows for slowing, no?

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elk View Post
You can't rely solely on your ultimate to escape.
Tell that to Ahri.

Grrrrr....

Redenbacher

05-04-2012

He falls in the same vein as Ashe. He'll be able to kite all day, but he has no escapes and a strong initiation ultimate.

He belongs top, in my opinion.

Grantson

05-04-2012

With 40% cool down reduction his skills are reasonably short, but I don't know about his CC and kiting ability. An AoE slow does not stop gap closer AD with Mercury's Treads.

Q - Piercing Arrow - Xarthus range boost but can move and have to use in 4 seconds.
W - Blighted Quiver - Twitch all the way
E - Hail of Arrows - Kind of unique combination of slow, heal reduction, and AoE nuke.
R - Chain of Corruption - Lux's snare, but will have to see how far it bounces. Scales with AP so pretty weak damage for AD build.

What's interested about him is he's a hybrid damage dealer. His Q and E scales with AD, while his W and R scales with AP. So we'll probably see both AD and AP builds.

Redenbacher

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantson View Post
What's interested about him is he's a hybrid damage dealer. His Q and E scales with AD, while his W and R scales with AP. So we'll probably see both AD and AP builds.
I don't think you'll see many AP builds play effectively on Varus. R will have too long of a cooldown to invest AP in, and W deals damage based on how many times you auto-attack in between abilities. I think the only reason AD champions have AP scaling abilities is for balance reasons - e.g. they pack so much utility for an AD build that giving them AD scaling will make the champion overpowered.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

I'm expecting to see a lot of surprised Piercing arrows flying out of bushes.

This guy has quite the interesting kit. A skillshot nuke, On-hit toggle (with built in personal Leona passive), Soft CC and grievous wounds (and we know how powerful lifesteal is.) and a multitarget hard CC ult.

I think he'll fit in very nicely. He can likely kite all day, and his abilities compliment teamfights well. Definite candidate for top.