Banned for exceptional character building.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeXp Cappello

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
If they also get reported - yeah. Really the question you're asking yourself is,

Did the "falsely accused" person get reported more than the people who "clearly are at fault"?

There's a pretty good chance that the other players are suspended too especially if they're "the real problem".

Ignore is a reactive measure, suspensions are reactive but forward-looking. You should learn from your mistakes and adjust your behavior so you don't get suspended next time. The magic comes from being entirely proactively and trying to prevent the behavior before it ever occurs.
The Mighty Pendragon has spoken! Learn from his wisdom or feel his fiery wrath! Judgement is waiting... (lol couldnt resist xD)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geelong Cats

Member

05-07-2012

Pendragon,

Quote:
If you see people who are WAY out of line in the way they speak and behave, please report them after the game.
What do you consider out of line banter but isn't "way over the line"?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baseraper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-07-2012

I like pen a lot he's a great member of the staff team and I usually agree with him (doesnt make me right when i do but I usually agree). But in this case I think he happens to be wrong and I'm not the only one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenmar

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigglestomp View Post
Nothing forces you to chat with the opposing team. In fact I think this is turned off by default atm.


Also what math is that?

does each opposing member have a guaranteed 11% chance of reporting you with a collective 55% regardless of what you say or do? No..
Yeah you are right I wasn't thinking when I did the math in my head. I was thinking on how many people could actually report you and for some reason put that into a percent instead of actually calculating the probability of being reported by the five opponents which honestly can't really be calculated.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PresBarackbar

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat View Post
I actually agree with you on several points. I think he was more than "slightly annoying" from the descriptions given however.

Even still, at the end of the day, the hard question to be asked is "does an argumentative & annoying person who is not using homophobic / racial slurs or insulting people by nationality or gender, a person who is not going after people's mothers in the chat... does this person deserve to have their account banned? All work, time, and money taken away?"

That's the bottom line. The Ignore feature can be used both by the player as well as the players who have a problem with him.

The thing is... The summoner's code is specific. While the player's behavior wouldn't be out of the ordinary by a large stretch, and might even be acceptable by a wide range of game companies (I'm looking at you, Blizzard), Riot worded their code and that's what things have to be judged by.

I wish the player hadn't lost the account from a ban.
But I also wish Riot no ill will for simply acting out of necessity, no exceptions made in terms of their policy and the rules people click on and accept.
And this is why Riot doesn't immediately hand out permabans. This guy has a chance to reform his attitude, and if he doesn't, then he gets permabanned


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gigglestomp

Recruiter

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat View Post
I wish the player hadn't lost the account from a ban.
But I also wish Riot no ill will for simply acting out of necessity, no exceptions made in terms of their policy and the rules people click on and accept.
He hasn't actually lost the account. Its a temporary ban. He has a chance to change his ways. Because of this thread he knows what sorts of things to avoid doing that ruin other's game experience.

Rejoice ^_^ There is hope he will change.


And a whip if he doesn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeal Orion

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Can Morello get in on this action too?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unclephillip

Member

05-07-2012

Inb4 Pendragon makes like an insipid child proclaiming how awesome the Tribunal is


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigglestomp View Post
He hasn't actually lost the account. Its a temporary ban. He has a chance to change his ways. Because of this thread he knows what sorts of things to avoid doing that ruin other's game experience.

Rejoice ^_^ There is hope he will change.


And a whip if he doesn't.
Oh. Well.... (scratches head) I'm at a loss why he's complaining then.

I guess it was the usual complaint most Temp bans get which is " Hey. Could someone tell me exactly what I did wrong to get this ?"

I've never received a warning of any sort, so I have no clue what the Emails look like.

I don't play ranked, but if I did and I was using a previously tested character build that I felt comfortable with and dangerous against an enemy, and my team was upset even though I was complying with a Meta team position that was needed... I'd politely toss out two sentences as to why I'm doing what I'm doing, get the usual backlash of "omg noob!" and just play my best.

In Normals & Dominion, no one really cares about what you're doing as long as it looks even remotely legit.
And you're not feeding.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrewRoid

Senior Member

05-07-2012

The real reason the GD exists. Love these threads.