2.0 Pixel Shader Required ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gosucherry

08-14-2010

Hi there !
I got an question. Is there any way to run LoL on graphic card that not support Pixel Shader 2.0 ? My ram and processor are pretty enought for this game... but my graphic card got boiled, so putted an old one into my PC. It's GeForce 2 MX 400. I know it's pretty old, but it shoudl run on minimum details. I am asking becouse, i readed System Req. and there is "card which support Direct 9.0". Is there any chance to run LoL ?

FrosTeHHH

08-14-2010

you should open up control panel then open "System".Click on the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager. Click on the + sign beside Display Adapter. After that you'll see the current vid card of ur pc.
(If there is no warning sign beside then it is working properly.If there is there might be a problem with it.NOTE: If you do not see a warning sign beside the vid card then this is not a solution to ur prob)Then right-click on the name of ur vid card and then properties. Last click troubleshoot. then just follow the instructions u see there.

Hugenaught

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2010

There is, but it is dependent on your CPU (processor) for how fast the game will run (ok to unplayable). Get 3DAnalyze and use it to start the Riot Games/League of Legends/Game/League of Legends.exe AFTER the auto-started game by the PVP.Net client crashes. I'm not exactly sure about the correct settings though for optimal performance (I've gotten it to work before using this but after 4 minutes of loading shadows were kinda messed up).

Steps:
*Start PVP.Net (lol.launcher.exe)
*Open 3DAnalyze and load up, but do not run LeagueofLegends.exe
*Finish starting a game in PVP.Net
*Game should auto-start but crash/close due to not having PS 2.
*DO NOT CLOSE THE PVP.NET CLIENT
*Start the game again in 3D Analyze

On a side note, why does it "require" pixel shader to start if you turn off shadows and shading....? Kind of an unnecessary check in the .exe imo.

Or, you could check for a firmware/driver update that solves the issue, PS2 is mostly software bound for older cards that support DX9.0c

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

08-14-2010

The GeForce 2 MX 400 was released 10 years ago under Windows 98.

System requirements include a card with architecture that supports Shader Model 2.0, which did not exist when that card was released.

Hugenaught

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2010

Well.....3D Analyze emulates Pixel Shader 2, or you can tell the .exe to just skip model shading (I turn off shading in most games when possible anyway to increase performance), it all depends on your processors ability to emulate PS2.

Gosucherry

08-15-2010

Hugenaught !
Your answer was really helpfull ! I tried disabling and PS2, game process starts, but it saids that, he dont have an internet connection. I turned off all of my firewalls etc. It's not a wine of 3D Analyzer, cuz when i turn on an normal client, and manually run this exe. it's saids that i dont have internet connection too. So what i can do ?

Btw. my playing RIG :

Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
1GB Ram

Will it be enought ? I can play on minimum with shaders disabled.

DarkStar101

11-23-2010

Yep Gosucherry, so did the game work. Arpart from the menu and that.

Argothman

11-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugenaught View Post
Well.....3D Analyze emulates Pixel Shader 2, or you can tell the .exe to just skip model shading (I turn off shading in most games when possible anyway to increase performance), it all depends on your processors ability to emulate PS2.
Sorry to bump this, but how do I do this?

Eambo

11-25-2010

I really wouldn't recommend it unfortunately. You'll just end up with a messy, glitched out game that doesn't work very well. 3DAnalyze literally makes the game think you have it, but you don't. And the minimum requirements are there for a reason >.<

Argothman

11-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambro View Post
I really wouldn't recommend it unfortunately. You'll just end up with a messy, glitched out game that doesn't work very well. 3DAnalyze literally makes the game think you have it, but you don't. And the minimum requirements are there for a reason >.<
I can run the game, but he said something about improving performance, I get between 10 and 20 fps