Analysis on IP boost & RP Purchase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emanuel537

05-04-2012

I've considered buying an IP so i went to the store to check the prices and decided to give it some math work.

The 1 day boost is far better than the 4 wins boost and they cost the same.

1 day boost wins.

Lets say i'm a decent player and my win/lose ratio is 3/2. A day has 24 hours but i sleep in 7 of these, i eat and do other stuff. And of course, it doesn't matter how much i want to play, i still have to wait for matchmaking, champion select and dodges. So if i get to play 12 hours of actual game that would be a lot and somehow realistic.

Let's say i play normals like a baws and my games last for 35 minutes on average!
24*60/35=42
42 games in a single day! I really want that IP.
But my win/lose ratio is 3/2... so i won 42*3/5=25.2 of these? Nop... i won freaking 30 games! I'm on fire today!

Now, 30*140 = 4200 IP. This took me a whole day!

I tell you something. You can do any kind of small job for like half an hour, get 10 bucks, buy 1380 RP and get a 6300 champion.
You will save 11:30 hours, get more IP and you will still have 405 RP left.

YambrinZ

05-04-2012

I usually buy the 3 day IP boosts. Bots and normals for those 3 days

dwylde

05-04-2012

IP can be used to buy runes. So its not that bad.

If your intention is to buy heroes, better just buy riot points and get it. But if you want to build rune pages fast, IP Boost is very usefull.

I dont care for building rune pages fast. My RPs are for additional rune page, skins and heroes.

Exocist

05-04-2012

I use the 4-Win and 10-Win boosts becaue i can't play that much in a day, i don't have 20/20 anymore and i need a rest for my eyes every hour or so, i usually only play 1-3 games a day.

KSHarrison

05-04-2012

42 games in a single day

I'm lucky to get in 3 SR games.

Mjd24

05-04-2012

Get them both at the same time and the effects are multiplicative. They quadruple your IP gains.

Qbert

05-04-2012

42 games in a day? lol... That number is insanely high.

It takes a 3-10 minutes to start a game depending on how long the queue is, and how many times you dodge. That's easily 3 minutes a pop to get the champion select timer down to 0. Very often there are 1-3 dodges before a game commences.

10 games, that's 30-100 minutes of just starting one up.

A game on average is 35 minutes according to some random statistic Riot had posted a while ago, so lets say half your games are 25 minutes and the other half are 45 minutes. (Yes, we all have those games that are 20 minutes, and the ones that are 60 minutes but let's ignore that possibility.)

10 games, 5*25 + 5*45 = 350 minutes
10 queue attempts, 3*5 + 6*5 = 45 minutes

395 minutes to play 10 games, if you're lucky.
That's about 6 and a half hours.

Very few players go 6 and a half hours in a day, and for those that do you end up with MAYBE 800 IP, assuming you've won a majority of your games and get that 1st win of the day bonus.

Yes, it is more beneficial to spend $10 and buy a champion rather than save up the IP, but spending cash is against most peoples logic and ideals when playing a free game (And then there are whose who just can't spend cash).

It will take 8 days of 6 hours a day, if lucky, to afford a single 6300 IP champion.
On average, it takes 2-4 weeks (14-28 days) to release a champion so it is very much possible to keep up with the release dates and get every champion, as well as catch up when you fall behind.

Just don't count on buying runes and rune pages as you do that.

EDIT: I forgot.... Occasionally people drop a deuce or drink water. Add 15-20 minutes.