Support rune page?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleFarts

05-04-2012

So yeah i need some tips on how to set my rune page for a support(i mostly play Sona) ,im thinking of going armor reds,mana/5 yellows,and mr/lvl blues but i cant decide on what quints i should be using,i've seen people run armor,ms or gp/5 and they all seem great but i dont know which one is the most fitted for solo queue

Mr Calu

05-04-2012

I think you will get the most out of gp/5 quints, it will allow you to get some items a little faster to support your team better, or when you B, maybe a ward of more... etc. Just those can make a big difference IMO.

Einheria Valesti

05-04-2012

for solo queue i almost wanna say the gold/5's are the most useful. It'll help you keep the lanes (or at least yours) well warded and ensure your AD's safety, which can lead into your team winning pretty easily.
Makes buying those aura items a tiny bit easier as well.

personally i've been taking MS quints on all my supports just cause i wait a long time to get boots and i dont like getting rofl stomped by ganks or aggro opponents

Isamichi

05-04-2012

Going with the gold/time runes (why does everyone say gold/5? it's every TEN seconds FYI) will never fail you. for the most versatility, just the quints + masteries can net you 5 gold/time.

I personally have armor red, gold/time yellow + quint, MR/lvl blue so I can use the page for weird supports and still have masteries free and use less money on gold/time items(e.g. Leona, Alistar, Lux, J4, etc).

MyosinFlare

05-04-2012

Sona tends to favor a slightly more aggressive play style. Either defensive or magic penetration marks work well on her.

Mana regen work very good on her, especially if you have a rough start and get your philo stone late.

If you're going to be assisting a lot, then a more ap focused or defensive set may benefit you more than gold runes.

Rune pages are very personal towards play style. There's a lot of debate whether the gold per 10 quints are even worth it or not. Every champion benefits from movement speed quints, especially supports who get their boots much later than everyone else. Some say the bonus flat ap helps more early game.

Worst Sejuani

05-04-2012

Armour yellows, Magic pen reds, MR/Level blues, GP10 Quints is what I use.

Most supports start with very little armour so they armour yellows help a ton. Rest is relatively standard, most of your damage as a support will be magic, hence the magic pen for early game poking. ATS reds might work on some supports that rely more on auto attacking (lulu springs to mind, at the same time tho her kit benefits from magic pen so to each there own). MR/level is a great way to get tanky mid-late game, as at l18 it's a free null magic-mantle, useful if you're not getting as much gold.

Phyrie

05-04-2012

GP Quints are worth it.