So ALL chat not being displayed...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rath illuser

05-03-2012

Ok, so I'm a little annoyed at ALL chat being an option you have to turn on now. The only people who I have run into who actually turn it on are the people who rage and trash talk all game, and the people who don't have it on are the ones I want to say "GL HF" to or "that was a nice arrow Ashe, got me before I could tp back"

You know, acknowledge that I am trying to have fun with not only my team but the other team as well.

There is already a profanity filter, so why do we need to have ALL chat default to 'off' ?

Doesn't make any sense to me. The people I want to talk to can't see what I'm saying and the people that rage are still around. Turning off cross-team chat didn't do any good.

jloysnenph

05-03-2012

Amen to that. I feel like my gaming experience has diminished with the now reduced cross team talking. I'm often in a skype call, and communicating with the other team is often pleasing, and makes the game more fun.
Hoping riot puts all chat automatically on soon....

Luck King

05-03-2012

I also agree with this post.

▀eerPongChamp

05-04-2012

haha I love the QQ on forums sometimes....

It's not just the ragers that turn on all chat to vent their rage b/c if that were fact that would make you a rager too.

Everyone knows all chat is off by default is says it right there. Everyone knows they can easily turn it back on by clicking more options unless for some reason you can't read but I doubt that.

If your enemy team doesn't have all chat on... its b/c they dont give a fck what you gotta say.

You want to be heard? To bad. There was no first amendment passed by the institute of war.

iamBlayz

05-04-2012

^^ i was gonna say it but champ pretty much handled it, but hey i figured i'd reiterate it just in case you fail to understand

the people who dont have it turned on do not care what you have to say, they dont care about your compliments, your jokes, or your playful banter it doesnt make sense for riot to force them to listen to you which is why it is off by default

you dont like it? go re read the line about people not caring

Bawlicker

05-04-2012

All chat off is the best thing they ever did

OriginalJack

05-04-2012

You know I never really thought about it until now but when all chat was on 90% of the time the only thing that came from it was negative. The small number of positive comments that have come out of it are not worth it to me honestly.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

I'm sorry, are we two year olds? Friendly trash talking in a competitive game is quite fun. I'm not talking about raging, I'm talking about the "You thought you had me... haha!"

I just don't like the default being off, because thew new generation of kids are lazy, and some so retarded they don't know how to turn it on. That said, it hasn't ruined my experience one way or another.

My biggest qualm comes from the higher Elo where raging and trolling are a more rare occasion. These are the games where you pass back and forth your skill comments. I've noticed a drop in "Nice shot" or "**** your flash dodging!!!" Just a small drop.

Korinra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

I leave all talk off mainly because for every good spirited nice player on the enemy team I get 10 "TROLOLOL OWNT J00!" and frankly I don't consider that fun from either direction. I'm here to have fun not try to make someone feel angry or have someone try to make me feel angry. If that's your idea of fun, great there's an option to turn it on, but I'm leaving mine off, I don't give a **** about what the other team says, it has never affected the game and it certainly isn't mostly fun. Tell me who hasn't seen this from the enemy team:

<All> Nidalee: That Renekton won't stop feeding
<All> Renekton: STFU you're 1/4
<All> Nidalee: At least I HAVE a kill
<All> Teemo: STFU Both of you
<All> Nidalee: Teemo you've been useless this whole game. MORE SHROOMS!
<All> Amumu: Use your own **** team chat to cry about losing!

Yeah... that seems fun.

Edit: Not a real conversation, but I bet you thought it was.

KnightxSScarlett

05-04-2012

Now I only have to ignore my team in ranked instead of all!