Refer-a-Friend Fraud is No Laughing Matter!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeinguinDuck

06-24-2012

What if we make a spare account while we are suspended from leaveing to many?

Shashakiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

So... I heard there's this IP Address Detection which detects smurfs, but I introduced this game to my brother in the same house (without referring him) and he has to play with smurfs basically D:!
Is there any relation to the ip address and multiple accounts lol? Maybe I shouldn't ask this question

Khyrius

06-25-2012

But what about having friends that share same ip, but plays together sometimes? you can't make some consult to see if these accounts could be played at the same time? Because i have like... 4 cousins that share the same ip address and play with me some times.

Budgazer

Recruiter

06-26-2012

i referred my brother, we play on the same computer hope thats okay, anyway thanks for putting us first! shows why free games are the best, games like wow that require subscriptions to play are in it for the money.

Lord Emamah

06-26-2012

Sorry to sound stupid, but can't you just not give credit for the friend until the two play a game together?

BanditManSteve

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviyor View Post
Completely fair, but you guys should get around to post-creation acknowledgement of referral.

Sometimes we forget to send the referral link or spread information by word of mouth, making random characters bothersome to deal with.

EDIT: Additionally, you should look at bumping up the rewards a bit. Before, you would get 600 or so IP from a referral, but now you only get 250 for level 5 referrals and sporadic milestone rewards which taper off in efficiency a bit, ignoring the fact that they require an account to reach level 10.

Given these new anti-fraud mechanisms, surely you can afford to make some changes.
Agreed. Ive gotten 4 of my friends to join, but i forgot to send them links everytime :<

WatchMeTripleQ

06-26-2012

i just noticed couldnt you just
1) get a friend to refer you
2) you refer the friend
3) repeat
wouldnt that just keep stacking up the friend referals?

Bapadipupi

06-26-2012

well you better find a way for us argentinians to be able to get RP via sms because all of us have phones and probably 90% lack a credit card (that is my case of course, yet i have spare cash on my phone that i would gladly spend on rp). Us South Americans wanna be pretty 2.

redBoys

06-27-2012

I want c my rp hurry MORE RP!!

USNTM2

06-27-2012

So what about these people posting on youtube with their RAF links? Most of them guise this as a way to get free Riot Points...