Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Refer-a-Friend Fraud is No Laughing Matter!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ephringael

03-30-2013

Shadowfire; You probably won't get in huge trouble unless there is a clear pattern of abuse. avoid doing it again and you should be fine.

Moyeja: Account sharing, as far as I am aware, is breaking the rules. Don't know if they ban for it, or just won't do anything if the account gets stolen by one of you, but yeah nothing good will come of it if something bad happens.

HellxKing: To get an IP reward, they have to get to summoner level five, you then have to go to your refer a friend page after a couple days, and click the redeem button. To get the bonus tier rewards, they have to get to level ten. It can take a while for the rewards to become available to you.

Devoy

Recruiter

04-02-2013

Well lol crazy

Finetzio

Recruiter

04-02-2013

Ok, lets look at the math on this. To get a character to level ten takes about fifteen games give or take depending on wins (rough estimate), a game takes between thirty minutes to an hour average. I get if you made ten USD an hour working two hours would get you enough to buy 2800 RP, where otherwise you would have to refer fifty friends and have all of them get to level ten to match that twenty dollars. So making smurfs is just a waste of the players time in the first place, and so is taking the time to get your friend to play. The rewards are far to few for the effort it takes to get new people to join.

GodEater Noctis

04-03-2013

Smurf..

YoKing3

04-03-2013

oks ty

Wolfsleigher

04-03-2013

I think I've made 2 or 3 referrals, but none of them got to lvl 5(therefore no reward)... lol... i have some ****ty friends

DanteTrickster

Recruiter

04-05-2013

ok

PnutButterBreath

04-05-2013

Is there a way to report refer a friend scams?

Vincent2128

04-07-2013

Quote:
DeathRider21:
Hopefully I don't get in trouble for inviting my brother. He lives at my house but has his own computer.

That's quite obviously not abusing the system. Your brother's another person, not you making duplicate accounts.

Quote:
Finetzio:
Ok, lets look at the math on this. To get a character to level ten takes about fifteen games give or take depending on wins (rough estimate), a game takes between thirty minutes to an hour average. I get if you made ten USD an hour working two hours would get you enough to buy 2800 RP, where otherwise you would have to refer fifty friends and have all of them get to level ten to match that twenty dollars. So making smurfs is just a waste of the players time in the first place, and so is taking the time to get your friend to play. The rewards are far to few for the effort it takes to get new people to join.

Agreed but there's always going to be cash-starved young teenagers out there willing to spend that time...

Quote:
PnutButterBreath:
Is there a way to report refer a friend scams?

Support is probably the right way to go...but what do you mean by refer-a-friend scam? Somebody abusing the referral system or what?

Roughsedge

04-07-2013

I have a smurf account for playing with a friend dose this mean i could get banned ?