Refer-a-Friend Fraud is No Laughing Matter!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ardjulf

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedShadow View Post
track your IP address.
Congrats sir, you are the 1000th post in this thread.

Dettal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Still funny cause they just doubled up on the people who smurfed originally by letting them cash in on the originals twice. Also im betting all these people acting righteous are full of it and just kissing ass.

Grøve

11-28-2012

who necroed this **** and why have i bumped it?

Mazal99

Recruiter

11-30-2012

Somone said they are gonna keep making accounts and reffering me till i get banned what do i do? and i do have friends that i actually refer. but im not sure if they were serious or not but still if they do and i do get banned i will be sad and i dont know his user name so i dont know what to do and for the friends i do refer there computers arnt good so they play very little.

SheriffV2

11-30-2012

Is there a way to retroactively get referrals? Because I referred my lil bro and sister, and now my lil bro plays even more than me. Yet I never gave them a refer link... >_<

Nor did my friend who referred me a year back...

The Illusive Man

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Whelp o.o Not touching my Smurf that I use to play with my little brothers again.

DaYDreaM420

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
Does this mean smufing is now bannable?

If so, how do you suggest I play with my lower levelled friends?
smurfing it not bannable, but putting ur main account as the referral of your smurf account, now thats bannable

Dartshadow

12-01-2012

;_; So Instead of rewarding players who spend hours playing this game, occasionally Buying Skins or poking around in forums, you would ban there accounts for playing the game too much trying to get exclusive content. That sounds worse than Blizzard..
Of course if you put these rewards out there hard core fans are going to game their fingers off to get them and convince others to do the same. If I was a game developer, I would love if someone played through 100+ LvL 10 characters to enjoy more parts of the game.

Just Saying..

FrostNawaky

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
Does this mean smufing is now bannable?

If so, how do you suggest I play with my lower levelled friends?
I guess you can still make smurf account.What they say here is....don't refer yourself.If you create another account without refering yourself to be able to play with your low level friend then it should be ok.

Shining Azure

12-02-2012

How it's working? Because i refer my lil brother, and he play LOL too with the same computer and internet... So, i will be a suspect?
(sorry for bad english)