Elo hell is it ever worth trying to get out anymore?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aphronyaa

Senior Member

05-05-2012

Fact of the matter is, criticize yourself and get good.

Kat is real strong for low elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Droencis

Member

05-05-2012

Seriously, i mean i was at 900 elo and i barely got to 1102 cuz i played caitlyn and won every game, now i am at 1017 because no matter how hard i try there will be some who has to troll, who has to be afk, who has to feed....its just not fair....so i lost 8 games in raw last 2 days...i mean elo hell isnt about skill, its about luck, if you are lucky to get normal players GG for you, if you get selfish, spolied brats who play only 1 role you might as well just dodge that game so you dont waste time ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sixilli

Member

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droencis View Post
Seriously, i mean i was at 900 elo and i barely got to 1102 cuz i played caitlyn and won every game, now i am at 1017 because no matter how hard i try there will be some who has to troll, who has to be afk, who has to feed....its just not fair....so i lost 8 games in raw last 2 days...i mean elo hell isnt about skill, its about luck, if you are lucky to get normal players GG for you, if you get selfish, spolied brats who play only 1 role you might as well just dodge that game so you dont waste time ...
Yeah my worst ever loss streak was close to 20 just troll after troll after troll. I don't want to sound like a noob but lol is just all around more fun in normal. I get matched with much smarter team mates. Until I can find a Ranked team to even give me a shot. Other wise I don't see a way to enjoy ranked game play sadly.

I really don't want to sound conceited but I don't understand what separates me from the 1600+ elo players. I ward, I last hit, my builds are solid, I do my best to perform my role in team fights which never seem to happen. I'm very smart about my inits. I rarely die when I do init. All I can say is it sucks being this low.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorsia

Senior Member

05-06-2012

well i think your biggest problem is your ego. when i first hit 1400 i got trolled hard 15 games in a row (at least 1 afker or someone who would go 0/6 within 6 minutes. when that happens just take a break from ranked and practice in normals. on the flip side, how many games have you won because of someone unskilled (or afk) on the other team?

after every game (win or lose) i think of every bad play and try to make a mental note not to repeat it. even if i went 8/2/8 and i had a teammate that went 0/8/0, theres still something i could have done. initiated better, pinged more, kept track of dragon/buff timers and reminded people when they would be up, etc. i'm not saying im better than you but i am saying that i take blame for a loss. if team fights aren't happening, be more proactive in organizing and initiating. maybe communication is your weak point. try to be your team's leader no matter what role you pick.

statistically speaking, if you have the skill of a 1600+ player, you only have 4 variables to deal with on your team, while the other side has 5. you should come out on top the majority of the time. keep trying, i only fly solo but i've heard going duo greatly helps your chances.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dudleydino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

05-06-2012

You belong in your elo.

Looking at your past games, you've gone positive in 4 of your last 10. In 3 of those games did you carry (Large KD ratio).

However, you've fed in 4 out of 10 games, and gone even in 2.

That tells me that you're right where you should be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aritoone

Senior Member

05-06-2012

Gotta be a reason you are 650, not just because you get bad team mates. I go positive every game i play now and im 1150. I know what im doing and i know more than i should, but like you said people are mentally disabled. If you want a good elo, and it really matter what it is, keep playing. You can only get better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masakan

Senior Member

05-06-2012

If you cant get out of your elo rut. Then just quit lol and move on to something else. I'm not being mean I'm just being honest if your that low rising out of it just isn't worth the trouble. That's why I haven't played ranked yet I know I'm not ready.

I mean seriously If you can't 1v5 a bunch of morons, what chance do you have against people who actually have 2 brain cells to rub together?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dirkDiGgYDIGGLER

Member

05-06-2012

Do you perhaps tend to go off at these feeders who are loosing you the games? At any elo arguing with your team mates will lower your chance if winning significantly. At low elo people having a bad game will often just give up and stop trying if their team are ****s. Not sure if this is the case for you but being a cheerleader for your team actually really helps your win percentage, especially early on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sixilli

Member

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkDiGgYDIGGLER View Post
Do you perhaps tend to go off at these feeders who are loosing you the games? At any elo arguing with your team mates will lower your chance if winning significantly. At low elo people having a bad game will often just give up and stop trying if their team are ****s. Not sure if this is the case for you but being a cheerleader for your team actually really helps your win percentage, especially early on.
I don't ever go off on people if they are lets say 0/3 in 10 min I'll say don't go past river instead of pushing to the enemy turret.

Also I've been playing hard carries and I've got my elo to 700 something. I just don't understand how I get such bad luck sometimes. It can be like I face enemies with two braincells but my allies only have 1


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flufflez

Member

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakan View Post
If you cant get out of your elo rut. Then just quit lol and move on to something else. I'm not being mean I'm just being honest if your that low rising out of it just isn't worth the trouble. That's why I haven't played ranked yet I know I'm not ready.

I mean seriously If you can't 1v5 a bunch of morons, what chance do you have against people who actually have 2 brain cells to rub together?
if you try to 1v5 you ether have 2 brain cells or are feed out of your mind, personally I've only solo penta'd twice(absolutely no help from team) with a pre patch Irelia and an Amumu but those games i had 30+ kills and 1-2 deaths.

my best advise is to play normal most of the time and play ranked when your hot otherwise you'll get huge loss streaks and this way you'll almost always win. never just jump into ranked at least warm up a few games, all the pros do it.


123