Elo hell is it ever worth trying to get out anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malcolm Tucker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

if you are stuck in a low elo you most likely belong there

what most people just cant accept is that they BELONG in that elo rating. Just looking at your match history kind of proves my point too, just by looking at your item builds, your scores, etc. You are a 650 ELO player until you decide YOU want to improve (stop blaming your teams). Acknowledge when you make mistakes, dont blame YOUR mistakes on other people, and you will get better

the first step to getting higher is knowing what you could have done better

i can tell you're a 650 elo player just by looking at your item builds, you built wriggles on jungle udyr and didnt buy any dorans blades on corki. thats just basic fundamentals. you will learn as you improve/watch pro players and how they build their champions.

Also if you say you dont belong in the elo you're in, you should be going positive EVERY single game, this is not the case with you. I myself am a 1400 elo player and I can accept that. Ive maintained that elo for a long time now and you have to realize that the concept of "Elo hell" exists throughout every single rating range. You will always get "Feeders", "afkers", "leavers", etc, this does not change as you get higher. Everyone will have games that are simply un-winable, but if you are that low in rating then the fact is you just belong there. Improve your own game and you will start to notice that you climb in ELO.

Xzorcist

05-03-2012

Obviously you haven't played enough for Law of Large numbers to apply yet, then again if you played n amount of games as n tended to infinity I think that would be the only time someone can say another person has no life.

sixilli

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call 911 xD View Post
if you are stuck in a low elo you most likely belong there

what most people just cant accept is that they BELONG in that elo rating. Just looking at your match history kind of proves my point too, just by looking at your item builds, your scores, etc. You are a 650 ELO player until you decide YOU want to improve (stop blaming your teams). Acknowledge when you make mistakes, dont blame YOUR mistakes on other people, and you will get better

the first step to getting higher is knowing what you could have done better

i can tell you're a 650 elo player just by looking at your item builds, you built wriggles on jungle udyr and didnt buy any dorans blades on corki. thats just basic fundamentals. you will learn as you improve/watch pro players and how they build their champions.

Also if you say you dont belong in the elo you're in, you should be going positive EVERY single game, this is not the case with you. I myself am a 1400 elo player and I can accept that. Ive maintained that elo for a long time now and you have to realize that the concept of "Elo hell" exists throughout every single rating range. You will always get "Feeders", "afkers", "leavers", etc, this does not change as you get higher. Everyone will have games that are simply un-winable, but if you are that low in rating then the fact is you just belong there. Improve your own game and you will start to notice that you climb in ELO.
Not building a wriggles is pretty idiotic. You have slower clear times and a free ward. One of the most useful things you can give your team. I don't really see how my build are working against me. As for the whole dorans blade thing I did buy them. I just sold them to get better items.

Then onto the games I've lost looking at them I really only feel responsible for 2/8 noc and 2/6 corki. Is it really too much to ask to get carried half as much as I'm dragged down?

I guess my only game plan for now is play only corki, kog or ahri.

InvisiblePlayer

Recruiter

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixilli View Post
Not building a wriggles is pretty idiotic. You have slower clear times and a free ward. One of the most useful things you can give your team. I don't really see how my build are working against me. As for the whole dorans blade thing I did buy them. I just sold them to get better items.

Then onto the games I've lost looking at them I really only feel responsible for 2/8 noc and 2/6 corki. Is it really too much to ask to get carried half as much as I'm dragged down?

I guess my only game plan for now is play only corki, kog or ahri.
Udyr has fast clear speed, you dont really need to waste money on wriggles.
Instead you should either buy items that take more damage, tanky, or better boots to gank, depends on your team.

If you are an experienced AD Carry, you should farm until you can afford one great item and B. In that case, i suppose you need to sell your doran blade to get IE, so why not kill 10 more minions and then B instead of selling Doran Blade when you still have space for it.

Dorsia

05-04-2012

dont go wriggles on udyr it's a big waste of money, that's 1600 you could put towards wits end (and a few wards). still buy wards. im not the greatest player, but my advice to you is to stick with jungling and ap mid. take a jungler with some cc (udyr/nautilus/alistar are my favs). ward the map up. lead your team, secure kills. grab an oracles and clear their wards.

Don't rage, offer advice. keep things positive.

If you are an ap mid, take someone with good pushing power and a good ganking ult. malz works great at low elo, cassiopeia, kennen, sion, tf, xerath, ahri, annie are also good. push your lane and go roam for a gank.

and finally, check out some guides on solomid.net or watch some streams. then, just play until you know what every champ can do. keep an eye on their stats and gear. hotkey /laugh to a.

good luck!

Kr0ze

05-04-2012

So true, 1200 to 1300 you get a ton of new players. I played a game after work a few weeks ago and it felt surreal because I was just perplexed at how bad everyone was. I even asked several times in chat what elo people were at. I honestly thought the matchmaker had messed up. At the end of the game I checked everyone and sure enough, 3 people with zero wins and one with 2. The other team all has 100+. Unfair matchmaking at its best.

howdoyouplayDOTA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

I would say one of the best ways to get better is to watch live stream games, or to use the spectate feature for featured games as they will give you insight as to what high elo players are doing with the champs you may be playing. Also, its always worth it to keep trying, even if you don't gain elo, you will get better, and as long as you are enjoying the game, why not try?

sixilli

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoyouplayDOTA View Post
I would say one of the best ways to get better is to watch live stream games, or to use the spectate feature for featured games as they will give you insight as to what high elo players are doing with the champs you may be playing. Also, its always worth it to keep trying, even if you don't gain elo, you will get better, and as long as you are enjoying the game, why not try?
I don't want to sound conceited but I watched a jungle noc and he did everything the same as me. build order, gank skill order. Granted he was a bit better with the spell shield than I am. I just blow it at the first ability flying my way x]

Greekwog

05-05-2012

The fact that you proceeded to continue to keep losing elo after the 1200 mark states your inexperience. I would suggest waiting for next season, too much work for you imo

Dorsia

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekwog View Post
The fact that you proceeded to continue to keep losing elo after the 1200 mark states your inexperience. I would suggest waiting for next season, too much work for you imo
or he could keep trying?