Nyx87's Educational Dominion Stream

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

Going to stream for an hour or 2!

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Streaming!

Nyx87

06-24-2012

Back from a trip, come watch me play!

Metalfenrir

06-24-2012

Yay for dominion streams!

Awmaface

06-25-2012

What do you feel is the best way for Sona to fit into Dom? Ive been rocking AD/Utility Sona, opening Tear boots, getting Sheen, Frozen Heart, Aegis typically then upgrading Manamune and Triforce. I feel i do a decent job, but wanted your input on the matter. Abilities R>Q>E>W

Nyx87

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awmaface View Post
What do you feel is the best way for Sona to fit into Dom? Ive been rocking AD/Utility Sona, opening Tear boots, getting Sheen, Frozen Heart, Aegis typically then upgrading Manamune and Triforce. I feel i do a decent job, but wanted your input on the matter. Abilities R>Q>E>W
Tear in general is a weak start, however you can charge it up fast as sona and turning it into a manamune later is decent. Abilities should be R>Q>W>E, as the tanky aura is far more useful than the speed boost.

Also, STREAMING!!!! WOOOT!

Awmaface

07-05-2012

What are your favorite teams for dom? And not just arch types (ad-tanky, ad-carry, etc.)

jremmons

07-05-2012

you seem to play bottom lane quite often; what Champion would you suggest a fairly new player (lvl 10, never played a MOBA prior to this) to try? I have Ryze but I seemed to be pushed out of lane/massacred very often. I also have Pantheon but he's not a primarily bottom lane player, I use him as a top lane/roaming slayer but find we often lose as a result of our bottom lane being constantly contested/lost.

Awmaface

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jremmons View Post
you seem to play bottom lane quite often; what Champion would you suggest a fairly new player (lvl 10, never played a MOBA prior to this) to try? I have Ryze but I seemed to be pushed out of lane/massacred very often. I also have Pantheon but he's not a primarily bottom lane player, I use him as a top lane/roaming slayer but find we often lose as a result of our bottom lane being constantly contested/lost.
Ryze is a good bot, keep your W ready if you need to get away from a bruiser or to lock someone on your turret. The biggest thing is to use your Q and E a lot and as soon as you get your R, you need to use it to clear the creep. This will also heal you since Ryze's ult has spell vamp. And build him tanking, Catalyst, boots+1, Tear (for mana) then usually Frozen heart of some MR depending on the champ.

If you want someone else, some of the cheaper IP champs that can bot are Teemo, Singed, AP Yi, Ashe (but i think suffers later game), Kaylee, Mordekaiser (feels like requires more skill though).

But that is some of the way to go that arnt super high IP to acquire the champ. I would recommend just playing Ryze and picking up some of the other cheaper IP chars like Yi to give it a try. Obviously the more expensive good bots, Karthus, Malzahar, and Yorick are a good choice, but level up your account and first see if you like playing AD or AP and Range or Melee style champs.

Nyx im sure will have more to add, but thats enough to get you started, glgl ^^

Nyx87

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jremmons View Post
Soraka, AP Yi, Nunu, Sivir, Singed, and Jax are fairly straight forward and cheap. Out of all of those, Soraka can impact top while holding bot with her ultimate. Pantheon can go bot, but he has trouble with champs he can't combo down.

All of Awmaface's tips for Ryze are pretty good. Make sure you only push with Q and E as W is your only CC. Catalyst's passive allows you to stay in lane longer, so starting with that is a good idea and grabbing tear afterwards so you can charge it in lane early.

If you are looking for High IP champs and ones that are more of a challenge, Cassiopeia, Karthus, Gragas, and Mordekaiser.