Nyx87's Educational Dominion Stream

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

Good stream!

Awmaface

05-08-2012

What are your thoughts with Hecarim's opening build? The 2 main builds ive been debating are the
classic: Prospector's Blade, Boots+1, HP MP pot
or
Longswords: Boots+1, Longswordx2, 2 HP MP pots.

Ive been leaning toward the Longsword opening since it finished Brutalizer faster, and i feel i dont really Auto all that much to proc the life steal on Prospector's Blade (Cleaving like a Centaur). Just wanted your thoughts on these builds or even a different opening. Im also trying to find the right time to finish Youmuu's as this makes Hec very scary with rush down and making his passive inflict more damage.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

Streams up!

Nyx87

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
What's the logic behind choosing various summoners? I've seen a lot of variety and while my personal preference is Ghost/Ignite (for nice mix of utility/offense) Revive definitely seems interesting.

I tried it once, but it so happened that the game I played it in I died a grand total of twice and forgot to use it >.>
Like i said earlier summoners depend on your champion.

Revive- Currently very popular at higher Elo and a must if you are going bot, as ganks are commonplace there. If you don't use it often, then good, but having revive allows you to take those extra risks and make bigger plays. It also punishes big pushes to your own mid by the enemy. Never use smite/clarity.

Ghost- Good summoner to have on champions that want to kite, but i don't suggest using it to travel across the map, thats why there are speed shrines. Champs like Vlad and Ashe make the most use of it kiting.

Flash- Good on champs that don't have an escape(Kog'maw, Ashe) or ones that need a hard initiate(Galio comes to mind). High cooldown makes it meh at best.

Exhaust- really good on just about anyone, cuts into damage which in turn cuts into any sustain through that damage. Great against cocky opponents.

Ignite- good on assassins that want to finish the job for sure, great vs champs that have sustain(Mundo, Swain etc) and Poppy (true damage vs OP passive)

Heal- Good on tanks that want to try and save allies or supports trying to keep their dps alive.

Surge- Meh on people with On-Hit steroids, just overall not very useful on everyone else.

Garrison- Fantastic on people who want to start fights under towers like Wu Kong and Alistar, or who have trouble defending vs sieges like Udyr and WW.

Nyx87

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awmaface View Post
What are your thoughts with Hecarim's opening build? The 2 main builds ive been debating are the
classic: Prospector's Blade, Boots+1, HP MP pot
or
Longswords: Boots+1, Longswordx2, 2 HP MP pots.

Ive been leaning toward the Longsword opening since it finished Brutalizer faster, and i feel i dont really Auto all that much to proc the life steal on Prospector's Blade (Cleaving like a Centaur). Just wanted your thoughts on these builds or even a different opening. Im also trying to find the right time to finish Youmuu's as this makes Hec very scary with rush down and making his passive inflict more damage.
I feel Prosp Blade is better because of the efficiency of the item and the HP is gives is valuable to most tanky dps. Youmuu's is nice, however sheen/trinity is better because of how often you can proc it.

Nyx87

05-08-2012

That's it for tonight, i'm exhausted and my play and commentary are suffering for it. Thanks for watching!

Redeemed In Fire

05-09-2012

Have you considered running Guise on AP casters instead of Prospectors Ring? For instance, I've had great success running Boots/Amp/Crystal into Sorc/Guise then Morellos then Deathcap on Brand, or just Sorc/Guise into a Deathcap on Fizz. I mean it more generally though, replacing your prospector's with a Guise.

Nyx87

05-09-2012

Streams up for a bit this morning!

Nyx87

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Have you considered running Guise on AP casters instead of Prospectors Ring? For instance, I've had great success running Boots/Amp/Crystal into Sorc/Guise then Morellos then Deathcap on Brand, or just Sorc/Guise into a Deathcap on Fizz. I mean it more generally though, replacing your prospector's with a Guise.
It depends on my enemies. If they aren't buying a lot of MR, then guise is a fairly good choice. However, if they have been stacking MR Voidstaff is far better. I would not buy it on fizz though as I like a tankier build for him to allow going toe-to-toe vs bruisers and survive long enough to repeatedly use cooldowns, Same with Brand. Assassins that can stay out of harms way benefit more from guise like Leblanc.

GrignardTS

05-09-2012

Lol @ that teemo building RoA.

Way to buy an extremely expensive item that needs 10m to ramp AND is 33% useless on him.

1234567 ... 11