Tryndamere on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hékate View Post
I haven't played the beta, but I've played with the skill calculator on the website and a lot of the options look like they provide customization. Even if the customization is on the same level as D2, I will be excited since the PVP there was amazingly fun. I did not play typical builds either and rarely lost on my plague/lighting javazon or my fire sorc (even destroyed on FW/hydra sorc before FW got nerfed).
This is my problem - it's NOT on the same level as D2. It's a far cry from what D2 had to offer.

@ Grignard - Just curious - why are you comparing D3 to other MMOs? I can understand comparing GW2 or WoW to other MMOs... but D3 is really not an MMO. It's an iso dungeon crawler RPG that happens to have multiplayer and PvP, but you're not thrown in a huge open world with hundreds of people standing around.

In the same genre, other games have far more customization. Torchlight is one, it's successor is another. D3's predecessor is another. Hell, Sacred 2 was a horrible game in the same vein (iso dungeon crawler RPG), but it had more customization than D3 does.

urmamasllama

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Hmmm, I'm going to stray off topic for a moment to respond to the whole May 15th excitement and Diablo III.

I'm curious, why are you so excited about Diablo III? I'm looking for responses more elaborate than, "Uh, because it's Diablo! That's why!"
i could care less about D3 i have a game called path of exile that i already don't play theres also tribes ascend which i love but don't play and the dota 2 beta which im in and don't play

Redenbacher

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
i could care less about D3 i have a game called path of exile that i already don't play theres also tribes ascend which i love but don't play and the dota 2 beta which im in and don't play
Thank you for sharing, my backlog is pretty long too. Though if you 'could care less', you must care about it to some extent, right?

GrignardTS

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
@ Grignard - Just curious - why are you comparing D3 to other MMOs? I can understand comparing GW2 or WoW to other MMOs... but D3 is really not an MMO. It's an iso dungeon crawler RPG that happens to have multiplayer and PvP, but you're not thrown in a huge open world with hundreds of people standing around.

In the same genre, other games have far more customization. Torchlight is one, it's successor is another. D3's predecessor is another. Hell, Sacred 2 was a horrible game in the same vein (iso dungeon crawler RPG), but it had more customization than D3 does.
Meh, the only difference is combat. They are all RPGs and all have varying levels of customization. Adding 'Massive' should only increase it; though that isn't true.

I personally thought Torchlight was just a rehash of Diablo that didn't particularly dazzle me. It got very stale for me just after a few levels. At least D3 is innovating. But hey, I don't know anything about its sequel.

We'll just have to see when it comes out because there is just too little information to go off of.

Redenbacher

05-04-2012

I have to agree with you on the first few levels, up until you sink your teeth in to a decent set of skills and find some decent gear, it was very slow to start up. However, you had three very distinct classes with three skill trees each that dramatically altered the style of play. I could invest in my attributes as I saw fit, and make a fighter that had tons of magic damage, or an alchemist that was built for melee combat.

But as for D3 innovating... I don't know. To me, it seems like they are going backwards. They made the game simpler... but added some physics to your daily minion slaughtering? What about D3 is 'innovative' in your opinion?