Nautilus vs Hecarim

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

05-03-2012

They're so different. Nautilus has more influence in a fight but Hecarim's mobility adds map control, and he seems to pick up kills easily with that Q. If you want to win more, I'd pick Nautilus; tanking is a more vital role; it helps you compensate for your teammates not choosing enough tanks or bruisers, you enhance your team, and you can turtle longer. But if you want to have fun, pick the SPECTRAL CENTAUR CHARGER, duh! He's fast, he's spammable, he has a ram, he utilizes Sheen, and honestly, people don't know how powerful he is yet; he hasn't been out long enough to be tested well.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Hecarim is so underrated.

1. Mobility
2. AoE disruption ult.
3. Two total interrupts (for channel skills)
4. Three AoE damage skills

People think Hecarim is weak because he can't 1v1 alot of champs. Hecarim is an initiator. Go in with ult, turn on Spirit of Dread and make sure your team deals plenty of damage to keep you healed. He does tons of AoE damage, and can chase runners. Also, speed shrines are so OP. Especially if you fight right on top of them. Nothing like hitting a speed shrine for +20 AD.

DiscworldDeath

05-04-2012

The "problem" with both is that they are enablers. You need team-mates who can capitalize on what they do, to deal the damage.

But, that's what tanks/initiators do.
Naut is more lock-down stay in there forever, Hecarim more get to the right place to help team, and is better as a back-capper if the need arises.

Octovert

05-04-2012

Pick nautilus - he's more versatile, and makes a far better point defender than hecarim. Plus, diving suit!

GrignardTS

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBarnacle View Post
Pick nautilus - he's more versatile, and makes a far better point defender than hecarim. Plus, diving suit!
My brother is just starting to dip into Naut and I love how I can have a successful encounter bottom, begin to run top, see 2-3 enemies engage him as Naut alone, and know he defiantly will last long enough for me to get there.

And since he just 2/3 v 1'd under a turret for 60s, all their CDs are blown and they're ready for clean up.

That being said, you really need to make up for his lack of damage with carries inside a team comp.

Foofm

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
ive gotten naut games where i get unkillable and just wear people down with my dmg. naut has a fairly rough early game but mid-late game he's very durable and has amazing cc.

no matter how fed a hecarim gets, he will either do lots of dmg, or tank well. he will never do both and thats the problem.
That is just simply not true. You aren't building him right if you can't both do lots of damage and tank when fed.

Mercs
Trinity
Ghostblade
Atmas
Maw of Malmortius
Insert item you aren't going to buy in 99.9% of games because this is dominion.

Also, take Ghost. And pop Ghost and Ghostblades active and E for good times, esp right after you run over a speed boost.

Foofm

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithZephyr View Post
Hecarim is so underrated.

1. Mobility
2. AoE disruption ult.
3. Two total interrupts (for channel skills)
4. Three AoE damage skills

People think Hecarim is weak because he can't 1v1 alot of champs. Hecarim is an initiator. Go in with ult, turn on Spirit of Dread and make sure your team deals plenty of damage to keep you healed. He does tons of AoE damage, and can chase runners. Also, speed shrines are so OP. Especially if you fight right on top of them. Nothing like hitting a speed shrine for +20 AD.
Hecarim can 1v1 many champs, but it requires you to build properly and have your Trinity Force done.

Remember, your W heals you based on damage dealt. This means you want to save your cooldowns for after you pop W. You can kill a lot of champs 1v1 by getting 2 stacks for your Q up, popping W after you've lost a bit of life, followed by Ult/E/Q/Sheen procced auto. You're going to take about 0 damage from the enemy during this time (since they are going to be feared and then knocked back), and gain a ton of healing from the damage you've done. This can easily turn a fight where you are at 50% hp and they are at 60% hp into you being at 80% and them being at 15% or something.

Foofm

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxom View Post
that's the kind of reply I was expecting.
TYVM

What about tanky AP Naut?
Tanky AP Naut is viable and does potentially good damage. However, your damage is burst, not sustained. With the correct build you can have over 3k hp and deal just about 3k damage burst (before factoring mresist), but it requires the game to go on for a long time.

The thing is, you still won't be able to kill most people in a single burst round, and you aren't good 1vs1 at all. Once your Ult/Q/E/Auto combo is down, your damage is nothing until Q/E come back (unless you take no damage and can keep W up). I've had situations where I comboed a Yi or other carry, getting them to about 20%, and then getting owned while they heal up off me.

That being said, with proper coordination your damage can be really scary, and you can absolutely melt carries if you get someone to focus with you.

Kiddalee

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
My brother is just starting to dip into Naut...
I see what you did there.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foofm View Post
Hecarim can 1v1 many champs, but it requires you to build properly and have your Trinity Force done.

Remember, your W heals you based on damage dealt. This means you want to save your cooldowns for after you pop W. You can kill a lot of champs 1v1 by getting 2 stacks for your Q up, popping W after you've lost a bit of life, followed by Ult/E/Q/Sheen procced auto. You're going to take about 0 damage from the enemy during this time (since they are going to be feared and then knocked back), and gain a ton of healing from the damage you've done. This can easily turn a fight where you are at 50% hp and they are at 60% hp into you being at 80% and them being at 15% or something.
Most tanky DPS will tear through Hecarim if they also have 4070 gold.