Nautilus vs Hecarim

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voxom

05-03-2012

Discuss.
(Iunno which one I'm getting next)

FDru

05-03-2012

Both suck in Dom.

DJTK

05-03-2012

I've seen Hecarim do really well in Dom.

Voxom

05-03-2012

There was a time where I played poppy 50% of my games just to win, and it worked. Now I want fun champs and that's about it. I've played a couple games with hecarim and he does seem a bit weak.

GrignardTS

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxom View Post
There was a time where I played poppy 50% of my games just to win, and it worked. Now I want fun champs and that's about it. I've played a couple games with hecarim and he does seem a bit weak.
Naut is a very durable tank with decent CC. He really can take a huge beating with max CDR and by priotizing his shield

Hecarim is a tanky deep to the core. He can chase really well and has -ok- initiation. His ultimate is underwhelming imo.

As Naut you won't be doing damage. Hard to play successfully in solo que, much like Leona.

Voxom

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
Naut is a very durable tank with decent CC. He really can take a huge beating with max CDR and by priotizing his shield

Hecarim is a tanky deep to the core. He can chase really well and has -ok- initiation. His ultimate is underwhelming imo.

As Naut you won't be doing damage. Hard to play successfully in solo que, much like Leona.
that's the kind of reply I was expecting.
TYVM

What about tanky AP Naut?

Glumduk

05-03-2012

I haven't seen any Hec on my team that made me say, "gee, I'm glad he auto-locked Hec", but that doesn't mean he's a bad champ. Just nothing special.

Naut's great, I like him a lot, but sometimes I would rather be Leona. He has a hard time getting to that Kogmaw in the back free firing ults into the team fight. On the other hand, Naut does a lot more damage than Leona; his AP ratios are such that mixing some AP into your HP CDR stack build wont be a waste.

Zuljin

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
Nautilus doesn't do as much damage as Maokai, but he does more than Alistar and Leona even while building pure tank items.

I've found that tanks are usually the best type of champion to play for solo queue (with Lulu being the best champion for solo, but she's rigged). If you have knowledge of when to initiate, when to protect your teammates, when to aggressively go after their squishy champions, you have a much greater impact on fights than most other champions. The difference between a good tank and a bad one is going to be greater than the difference between a good damage dealer and a bad one, so you contribute more as a good tank than anything else.

Omfg Devin

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
Nautilus doesn't do as much damage as Maokai, but he does more than Alistar and Leona even while building pure tank items.

I've found that tanks are usually the best type of champion to play for solo queue (with Lulu being the best champion for solo, but she's rigged). If you have knowledge of when to initiate, when to protect your teammates, when to aggressively go after their squishy champions, you have a much greater impact on fights than most other champions. The difference between a good tank and a bad one is going to be greater than the difference between a good damage dealer and a bad one, so you contribute more as a good tank than anything else.
This is quite true. A team without an initiator fails. Someone has to be taking the hits while everyone else is trying to dps.

And to all the dps players, if you're targeting the tank once he initiates, you're doing it wrong

larkhill

05-03-2012

ive gotten naut games where i get unkillable and just wear people down with my dmg. naut has a fairly rough early game but mid-late game he's very durable and has amazing cc.

no matter how fed a hecarim gets, he will either do lots of dmg, or tank well. he will never do both and thats the problem.