Champion release frequency

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Algazar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2010

I have a suggestion on champion release frequency,right now its 3 weeks.I suggest either make it like 2-2,5 weeks,i mean speed up,or release more champions on special occasions like Christmas and New Year,Eastern and other big events.
For example on X-mas instead of 1 champ riot could release additional 1-2,now totally for big weekends(starting from X-mas to New Year) we have 2-3 champs to play,it will not only allow to avoid situations where everyone wants to play new hero and starts to curse each other,rage,but will allow people with different needs find a champ to fit their playstyle,wishes at this right moment,i mean releasing 1 tank,1 caster and 1 support char.
And i know,some of you might say riot team also wants to rest on this weekends,take a break,vacation maybe,but you can prepare,make those champs earlier,maybe even months before, and later on X-mas just release them...

On Easter it could be 1 additional champion,making it total of 2,max like 2-5 occasions per Year. Because right now with this champion release frequency riot releases only 17 champions per Year, we have 57 Champions already,while Dota has 101 champion,Heroes of Newerth has 68...with such tempo we will catch up with dota in 4 years...and if riot team lacks of new champions ideas there are plenty of them in champ suggest section,i don't say to take and make those champs,you can take specific aspects,skills,passive's,ideas,concept...i myself have posted 2 champs suggestions :P

P.S. Sorry for my english,i hope you understood main idea.

Melonyan

08-14-2010

It's better not to release them faster, slower releases = more time for balancing. It's already hard enough to balance a game like this

jerzy

08-14-2010

Do you own all the champions?

HoN and DotA both provide you with ALL those champions for free or a ONE TIME COST.

Champions in LoL are sold on an indvidual basis, be it time or money. I'd probably support this if Riot updated it's bundles. But as it stands I only have so much time and money to spend on this game, and I'd like to own all the characters in the same way I'd own all the characters in HoN or DotA.

Moreover not only does one have to worry about buying champions, they still need to worry about buying runes and rune pages. Again these cost either time or money.

If you really want to make comparisons to HoN and DotA, at what rate do patches for HoN and DotA come out? HoN ripped off it's characters from DotA, so all the work has already been done. DotA on the other hand doesn't update anywhere close to as often as LoL does.

It's pretty amazing that Riot updates at the pace that they do to be honest.

Then again my father had a saying that relates to you OP. "Give them a finger and they'll take the entire hand". Riot already updates at a frantic pace and they need to worry about champion balance to boot.

DotA has been around for years, and all that content you mention took years to develop.

ITT; Kids who complain about champion balance want more champions at a rate that's faster then either DotA or HoN has ever released them.

Algazar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzy View Post
Do you own all the champions?
I own 35 champs,but here's the question,do you like and play all the champs? why should i unlock those champs that i don't like?

Maya Fey

08-14-2010

Quality > Quantity

/thread

jerzy

08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algazar View Post
I own 35 champs,but here's the question,do you like and play all the champs? why should i unlock those champs that i don't like?
Then what does it matter how many champions are in this game? The number of champions in LoL clearly is of no issue to you, yet you ask for more. While the number of champions IS an issue to me, and I like the current pace.

LoL isn't DotA or HoN. You like those so much, you know where to go and what to do.

Algazar

08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzy View Post
Then what does it matter how many champions are in this game? The number of champions in LoL clearly is of no issue to you, yet you ask for more. While the number of champions IS an issue to me, and I like the current pace.

LoL isn't DotA or HoN. You like those so much, you know where to go and what to do.
Listen,i don't want to argue in this thread,or neither i want you to spam it,i won't starting prooving that you are wrong,and i am right,or vice versa,its you right to think what you want,i just wrote my point of view,my suggestion,it either you support my idea or not.

jerzy

08-14-2010

Considering the current cost of LoL in terms of time/money, I like the current pace at which champions are released. If champions are released at a faster pace, that means I have to either spend MORE MONEY or MORE TIME to get everything I'd like to have.

It's great that DotA and HoN have x number of characters, but you don't have to buy those on an individual basis. Or has that completely slipped your mind?

Algazar

08-14-2010

Am playing LOL since close beta,more than year now,and i don't play 24/7,at best i spend few hours on weekends and sometimes on works days,but very rarely.I have 35 champs unlocked,and i have a lot of runes,for each color,seal,quint,marks,glyphs at least 4 full kinds of each pair,oh,and 1 more additional rune page,as for me,old player there is nothing left to do,unlock.Rest champ am not really excited or eager to play,and there are tons of such old,or even fresh(few months) but hardcore players,as of your point of view,if we gonna look at every "minus/aspect" i skipped,that my suggestion have,we can debate for days,saying many strong arguments...for example,you can even say,that i forgot poor kids,that parents allow to play only few h per days,what will they do? etc,and its only 1 quick example...don't take this so deep.

jerzy

08-14-2010

I've also played since beta. I don't play 24/7 either. I spend real money on this game as well as A LOT of time, which it does take.

Regardless you want Riot to release champions at a rate that's way faster then DotA ever did. If anything they already do release champions at a rate that's faster then DotA ever has.

Does DotA release a new character every few weeks? They don't even release a new character every month.

HoN on the other hand just recycled a bunch of DotA heros and continues to do so... if you look at the "original" S2 heros that they create, again they don't get released anywhere close to as often as Riot puts out new characters.