With all my passion, I request you undo the Rumble audio nerf

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sehnder

05-03-2012

Dear Sirs,

The sound of rumble revving his machine when you use /laugh was my absolute favorite audio in the entire game. My hallmark among my friends is that I use it early and often, providing us with a much needed morale boost as we begin team fights and Baron.

But! For reasons I cannot begin to fathom (I suspect a Gypsy curse, as I can't imagine such a heartless change is intentional), I can no longer use my /laugh as nature intended. I get only one mechanical rev, and the nothing- even if I spam /laugh with all my vigor I receive no further revving.

Can you make my dreams come true, good Rioters? The nerf to Rumble's /taunt, where you can make him pogostick with precise timing, was already a tough pill to swallow. I fear that this /laugh change will bring me to the very precipice of despair. All I want is to rev my engine in peace. Please sirs, make it happen.

Praeco

Composer

05-03-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Good eventide, my fine sir!

What say you here? Rumble's sounds, his sonic attire; his acoustical identity... altered?

I must admit, the thought is bewildering! Inconceivable! Here I was, reading thy discontent, charging myself with the mission of finding out why this calamity took place!

But, alas! After lunging at Jay, our Sound Designer, deeming him an uncouth ruffian and a brigand for this crime, it was utter surprise that I found on his face! "Rumble's sounds, changed? Nay, methinks not! I pray you, look, it is unchanged!" said he.

Seeing and, by my troth, hearing Rumble's sounds in their purest form, displayed in front of me, I murmured, "I see, verily, that it is so", and left his room with hanging head.

I pray you, sir, where hast thou experienced this happenstance? For I shall do my utmost to unravel this mystery.

Godspeed!

jzstyles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Epic response is epic.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praeco View Post
Good eventide, my fine sir!

What say you here? Rumble's sounds, his sonic attire; his acoustical identity... altered?

I must admit, the thought is bewildering! Inconceivable! Here I was, reading thy discontent, charging myself with the mission of finding out why this calamity took place!

But, alas! After lunging at Jay, our Sound Designer, deeming him an uncouth ruffian and a brigand for this crime, it was utter surprise that I found on his face! "Rumble's sounds, changed? Nay, methinks not! I pray you, look, it is unchanged!" said he.

Seeing and, by my troth, hearing Rumble's sounds in their purest form, displayed in front of me, I murmured, "I see, verily, that it is so", and left his room with hanging head.

I pray you, sir, where hast thou experienced this happenstance? For I shall do my utmost to unravel this mystery.

Godspeed!
I found a new favorite Red. Please tell me this is how you speak in game?

Ceroed

05-03-2012

What did I just read and how is it so awesome.

pwntifex maximus

05-03-2012

He means that we can't reset the sound/animation before it finishes, and thinks it was intentional that we could.

Praeco

Composer

05-03-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngels View Post
I found a new favorite Red. Please tell me this is how you speak in game?
well, i had quite a few occasions where i would talk like a pirate when playing gangplank, and some other champs also entailed a slight change of expression (mundo, rammus...) - but this only takes place when it is gentleman cho'gath.

Solari Brigadier

05-03-2012

Quote:
well, i had quite a few occasions where i would talk like a pirate when playing gangplank, and some other champs also entailed a slight change of expression (mundo, rammus...) - but this only takes place when it is gentleman cho'gath.
...If I wasn't cramming for finals and preparing for a 10 hour flight home in 2 days, I'd ask to play all of the games with you. For now, I'm reading all of your posts in the voice of Morgan Freeman and trust me, sir, it sounds wonderful.

Sylvr

05-03-2012

I feel like I'm walking into a whoosh here, but my someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet detector won't stop blaring and flashing.

The OP is talking about how you can't spam /taunt/joke/dance/laugh anymore, and how it affected Rumble, not any change to Rumble directly.

Hello Darkness

05-03-2012

Quote:
Your speech and mannerisms are admirable, good sir. I believe the original poster is referring to how sounds will no longer reset when you attempt to taunt/laugh/joke spam. Instead, the sound will finish playing out before either the sound or the animation can be repeated.