The TRUE reason why spectator mode sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShavedBeaver

05-02-2012

WHY Might you ask RIOT games. Well its simply because you can't verify the third party programs running in the background, IE vent, teamspeak, ALOT that you don't know about. Not to mention how hard is it to just pick up your smartphone and call your friends. SO SO SO DUMB, I use to play counter strike 1.6 on steam and you have now unleashed the evil truth of ghosting. Way to go, I know you guys mean good with this awesome tool we can use to watch our friends while they play. BUT GOD, don't judge against ShavedBeaver if I didn't say so. Thank you all, have a good day/night

Merfner

05-03-2012

There is a 3 minute delay to prevent people from cheating. Nice try though.

Kiarip

05-03-2012

Lol, the fact that you think they didn't take this into consideration is silly.

This thread is silly.

EyspeN

05-03-2012

L2read patch notes, hell even just watch the YouTube video they explain the three minute delay. The only thing I can see a benefit in "cheating" threw spectator is something like, hey can you check what time they killed their red/blue so I know exactly when its back up.

But even that is kind of a stretch.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Sometimes I gameplay on youtube that my friends are in just to tell them what the enemy is doing so they can win. It hasn't worked to date, but I'm still hopeful!

x5 Mr Stui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Three minute delay still can be ghosted, red, blue, dragon and baron timers

tresodoso

05-03-2012

I think they should make it where you can choose if you want the delay or not. If you choose not to have it then you just see what the person you are spectating can see. For example, if say one of my friends was in game and I wanted to watch him, i click spectate, no delay, and the camera would be focused around him showing me what only he could see also giving me the choice to watch his teammates but not the enemy team.

Sentient23

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinIsAHobby View Post
I think they should make it where you can choose if you want the delay or not. If you choose not to have it then you just see what the person you are spectating can see. For example, if say one of my friends was in game and I wanted to watch him, i click spectate, no delay, and the camera would be focused around him showing me what only he could see also giving me the choice to watch his teammates but not the enemy team.
someone else mentioned something like this too.... and i brought up the issue of having a 'live coach' sitting there giving direction and guidance.... i mean people already use a 3rd party program that manages buff timers, and possibly a timer for enemy wards too who knows....

fact is theres no reason to have something like that available.... if LoL decided that teams needed babysitters to keep an eye on the game for them then it would be installed that way..... theres always people trying to find a way to ruin the system, and the notion of an 'honest game' is certainly a serious issue to think about with the way that some people play this game.

in dota2 people are already 'trading commends' and making games especially for trading commends, i dont even know what commends do for your account on dota2, but people trade them back and forth.

Sephrinx

05-03-2012

close thread please..

Noshamwow

05-03-2012

I have watched probably a dozen games over the last two days and have noticed no problems with anyone targeting towers in game.
Personally I love the Spectator mode, I can throw it on when I am working on a project and still get my LoL fix.