What do people think about Revive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smXho

05-03-2012

I personally always pick Garrison / Ignite / Exhaust

Revive is amazing if you are in a well cooperated team, where people will revive with you to go in again together and win fights, but this doesn't happen too often solo queue (at least at 1600 elo)

deepbluereason

05-03-2012

Pfft. Revive? Everyone knows that double kill summoners is the only true way to play Dominion. Exhaust + Ignite on everyone always.

Argodis

05-03-2012

It's is very good but overrated in solo queue. I prefer to focus on playing better with 2 other summoners, not wondering if this is a good opportunity to revive.

Melvear

05-03-2012

I find revive to be pretty much mandatory bottom lane, and useful on some champions for top. Most anyone with a global-ish ult can take great advantage from it.

But yeah, bottom lane, having revive makes the difference between getting ganked and losing your node or getting ganked and successfully defending your node.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepbluereason View Post
Pfft. Revive? Everyone knows that double kill summoners is the only true way to play Dominion. Exhaust + Ignite on everyone always.
this is me

GrignardTS

05-03-2012

I take revive on those it synergises with much like any Summoner Spell.

I feel Dominion is Exhaust+_____

If I have a global, am sure I will die first in a team fight, do not die often (hence making revive have a larger impact per death) then I take it.

Garrison, Heal, Ignite, Ghost, Promote, and even Flash all have their place. Most of it is personal preference.

Bearacolypse

Recruiter

05-03-2012

It's not that revive is ridiculous it's that it synergizes so well with the whole tanky meta right now. If your team has WW, Panth, and Rammus who all have revive, it is literally impossible to kill them before someone either resurrects or revives and is back in the fight. I think the problem is that the cheapness of tanky items isn't countered enough by the buff.
Random speculation, but maybe the meta would be less obviously favoring tanky champions if they increased the price of tank items by lets say 10% on dominion.

All this being said, revive is a lot more valuable on a Warwick than say a Leblanc or Vayne. Yet it is still pretty much required if you play above 2000 elo. Further increasing the gap between the so called "op" champs and the okay champs.

DJTK

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
I find revive to be pretty much mandatory bottom lane, and useful on some champions for top. Most anyone with a global-ish ult can take great advantage from it.

But yeah, bottom lane, having revive makes the difference between getting ganked and losing your node or getting ganked and successfully defending your node.
This. I play Tank Maokai Bot lane and I use Revive because I'm also specced into it so I get the massive speed buff. It's very useful for trying to cap the opponent's bot tower and you die during a team fight. Pop it and run back to clean up/cap tower.

Grantson

05-03-2012

If it's solo que and you aren't in bottem lane, it's too situational for supporter and attackers who lack a proper escape.

Sure you can rush up there with extra health, but when the fight is over and there's still 2 people from the other team with half heath capping the point. Your still still at an disadvantage in fights especially when their CC is up. Over all I just find Exhaust and Ignite to be so much more dependable in a lot of situation with lower cool down.

Holden McRoin

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearacolypse View Post
It's not that revive is ridiculous it's that it synergizes so well with the whole tanky meta right now. If your team has WW, Panth, and Rammus who all have revive, it is literally impossible to kill them before someone either resurrects or revives and is back in the fight. I think the problem is that the cheapness of tanky items isn't countered enough by the buff.
Random speculation, but maybe the meta would be less obviously favoring tanky champions if they increased the price of tank items by lets say 10% on dominion.

All this being said, revive is a lot more valuable on a Warwick than say a Leblanc or Vayne. Yet it is still pretty much required if you play above 2000 elo. Further increasing the gap between the so called "op" champs and the okay champs.
I agree with the statement that Revive synergizes with the tanky meta that seems to be popular (at my mid-high elo at minimum). But I dont think that summoner skills are very much metagame influenced, and I dont think the meta is underpinning Revive's viability and dominance. It doesnt matter what the meta is, if the enemy team has healing, ignite is strong. If they have physical DPS, exhaust. On SR, flash is almost a must pick. On Dominion, it seems to be Revive.

It doesnt matter that it synergizes so well with tanky; It works great for zerg rushing, no matter what your team comp is so long as it is decent. The math is simple; If you use Revive, you effectively have up to 2x the health pool to reduce to 0 at critical stages in the game. Couple this with global ult champs and ultra-mobile champs, and it is overwhelming...if you yourself dont also pack the same ability.

Its basically the LoL equivalent of a cold war.

FWIW, my perspective is from more organized team-based play; I usually have 2 - 3 teammates. Yes, it isnt as good if its use isnt coordinated, or if the summoner misuses it.

So, now that we have had some player discussion on this, what does Riot think? Is there any talk about excluding Revive from Dominion? Are there any metrics on its use?