Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Support Champions, Thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parkland

05-02-2012

Hello! I play with my friends and none of them ever want to support, so i have picked up the role of support. I was wondering what your thoughts on Sona were, as compared to a traditional support like Soraka. I feel Soraka is weak in team fights after she uses her heal and silence (and possibly ulti), however i was wondering if you think Sona is a more rounded support.

Fluffyknowsyou

05-02-2012

Sona is actually a traditional support who boasts more sustain heals, a speed buff, damage buff and stun. She's the better support in my opinion.

ChubbyFrank

05-03-2012

The support needs to match the team/enemy team.
-If your team is all squishe go taric for the armor buff with a legion.
-If your enemy team has karthus, shaco, or fiddle you should soraka for the heals and the ult heal across the map is op (won a 4v5 as ap soraka because fiddle and shaco woudl come at me and fail).
-if your team needs slows or cc go janna.
-if your team needs a little of everything and wasnt a aoe cc go sona.
if the other team has soraka bot lane with kog or cait (they are giong to outrange u) get blitz for that zoning a pull with a ad carry that can win a fight.
-if you needed some way to stop veigars kill u in a second ways or fizz run over u. get kayle (love the ult for stopping damage).
-if u need a tank that can laugh as the tower hits him and cc go ali
-if you need a troll revive with some damage and speed zilean
-if you need a big ****ing laser that finishes and a double ranbow shield go lux

Quick Rawr

05-03-2012

Sona is very much a traditional support. Where else would she lane?

I enjoy playing the role of support, and if you're near the top of the pick list and going support it is a smart idea to pick someone like soraka/janna that has all-around versatility. If you're further down on the list, try to counter someone else on the enemy team (Janna against Fiddle, Leona against a team full of channeling champions, Soraka against Karthus, etc etc).

I'm not a major fan of Sona simply because she adds a little bit here and a little bit there whereas someone like Janna adds survivability and lots of hard CC.

Same with other supports like Nunu, Soraka and Leona - they specialize in a certain type of gameplay that can really compliment your lane mate.

KobaltBlu

05-03-2012

It really depends on what you want in a support.... Soraka and Sona are your healers, along with Taric, but Taric is kinda tankie, kinda like Karma, although Taric has a stun. Karma is good at doing a little of everything, but not any one thing well. Janna and nunu are good for buffs to AD allies, but not for healing really, and Janna and Lux share CC up the wazootiepie, although Lux doesn't really interrupt people like Janna can. Alistar and Janna share the moveing people arounf bit, as well as blitz. it all just depends on what you want. I rarely see Zilean, but he has the Lazarus Ulti and the speedup/slowdown bit. However, for just good, all around support overlapping many catagories, I would kinda go Sona. She has a tiny bit of damage, gives a tiny bit of damage, speed buffs, slows, armor/ mr, and a stun. It takes skill to be able to use all those, but it is what it isXD