Ask Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask A Treant

Senior Member

08-10-2012

(( *A small herd of saplings can be seen pushing the thread up to the top.* ))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UrgotFantasy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-10-2012

((*daaaaaaaaw*))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask A Treant

Senior Member

08-11-2012

( Le boomp. )


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Denovean

Member

08-11-2012

Maokai.

Is it possible that one day you'll see your summoning to life as a blessing instead of a curse?

-Valerios Denovean


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask A Treant

Senior Member

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovean View Post
Maokai.

Is it possible that one day you'll see your summoning to life as a blessing instead of a curse?

-Valerios Denovean
Maokai opens his mouth as if to speak right away in sheer anger, but calms himself down. It's obvious that he's choosing his words carefully.

My existence in itself is an aberration to Nature. As such, I am cursed with this magical life. Blessing would have been to remained untouched in the Treeline. Blessing would have been to have summoners not destroy the land they take for granted.

A pause. The treant is in obvious straits to recompose himself.

As bleak as my current situation may sound, however, that does not mean I cannot look towards a future. As much as my... current state goes against the Balance and Laws of Nature, that does not mean I am doing nothing to return myself to what should be. I am very much like the oak I used to be-- I will bend and sway with the winds, but always stay rooted to myself. I am not caught up in sadness, or in regret about what could have been.

Furthermore, it is not like I have gained nothing. The powers that I now hold, I can use to ensure summoners stay in line. Keep their promises. Right what wrongs they have committed. If anything, may my existence be the only tarnish upon Mother Nature's existence. May my coming to life be a sign to summoners to finally take more caution. To understand that it is not only humans, yordles, or whatever beings exist on this land, but also the land itself that they have to look out for.

So in a sense, I suppose, you could call my existence a "blessing". But you would be going out on a limb.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astroshade

Member

08-11-2012

So, Maokai.

Is there any Champion in the League of Legends you get a particular kick out of crushing on the battlefield? A Champion that you have a personal grudge against?

- Curious Summoner.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SandscourgeSkarn

Senior Member

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
So in a sense, I suppose, you could call my existence a "blessing". But you would be going out on a limb.
((I love you. <3))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask A Treant

Senior Member

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirvallah View Post
So, Maokai.

Is there any Champion in the League of Legends you get a particular kick out of crushing on the battlefield? A Champion that you have a personal grudge against?

- Curious Summoner.
The Treant scoffs at such a question.

You ask that as if I care about the petty dealings of the League, or the champions involved. I care little for the individual beings-- I watched them fight on the Treeline, and have decided to take no sides.

While some of them may strike me as potentially unstable, or dangerous, they are all the same. We are all but tools for the Summoners when we are out on the Fields. I crush anyone that stops me from being returned to how I once was.

Oh, and Teemo. Because %!@# Teemo. Everybody hates him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandscourgeSkarn View Post
((I love you. <3))
((D'aw, shucks. I might have just sprouted something in my pants. <3))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Denovean

Member

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
Maokai opens his mouth as if to speak right away in sheer anger, but calms himself down. It's obvious that he's choosing his words carefully.

My existence in itself is an aberration to Nature. As such, I am cursed with this magical life. Blessing would have been to remained untouched in the Treeline. Blessing would have been to have summoners not destroy the land they take for granted.

A pause. The treant is in obvious straits to recompose himself.

As bleak as my current situation may sound, however, that does not mean I cannot look towards a future. As much as my... current state goes against the Balance and Laws of Nature, that does not mean I am doing nothing to return myself to what should be. I am very much like the oak I used to be-- I will bend and sway with the winds, but always stay rooted to myself. I am not caught up in sadness, or in regret about what could have been.

Furthermore, it is not like I have gained nothing. The powers that I now hold, I can use to ensure summoners stay in line. Keep their promises. Right what wrongs they have committed. If anything, may my existence be the only tarnish upon Mother Nature's existence. May my coming to life be a sign to summoners to finally take more caution. To understand that it is not only humans, yordles, or whatever beings exist on this land, but also the land itself that they have to look out for.

So in a sense, I suppose, you could call my existence a "blessing". But you would be going out on a limb.

Have you ever wondered, that you maybe able to find something in your journey that may give you clarity and another meaning for your life, other than the sole purpose of keeping mother nature's balance in this world?

Maybe that you're not here just to subdue but to learn as well?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask A Treant

Senior Member

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovean View Post
Have you ever wondered, that you maybe able to find something in your journey that may give you clarity and another meaning for your life, other than the sole purpose of keeping mother nature's balance in this world?

Maybe that you're not here just to subdue but to learn as well?
Maokai stares blankly at the unfamiliar face.

"If I do not attempt to keep balance in the world, who will? The summoners? The foolish humans who don't understand how to control their powers? No, they will not. At least not on their own. I am perhaps the best candidate for this task. My existence will show the world that things need to change, and I will have a hand in how it will change. Things will return to the peace we once knew."

Despite his fervour, there was something in his tone of voice that betrayed him. The Treant knew that things could never be the same.

"I have learned that fools with magic cannot be trusted. Magic in and of itself is naught but a tool-- misuse provides strife and responsibility brings power. Perhaps there are some few who are responsible enough to work beside me. All else shall not be spared."