Ask Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask A Treant

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonmaw Dragon View Post
""Changes" also called: VILEMAW DESTROY THE OLD TWISTED TREELINE AND KILL EBONMAW, so, the summoners built a new treeline at the shadow isles... so what do you think about your new friendly neighbour, the amazing spidermonster?(sarcasm)"
-Gregorclaw, ex hand of Ebonmaw
The Treant grunts.

All beings of the Shadow Isles, as well as the Isles themselves are an abomination. They are unnatural, and defy this place of existence. Specifically, said "spider-monster" is nothing more than a grotesque creature that needs to be squashed.

Or, fed dozens of saplings. It's rather humorous to watch it explode.

Ask A Treant

11-06-2012

(( Lazy bump. No snippet to post today. ))

Ask A Treant

11-19-2012

((It's been a while forums.))

(( It was an odd sensation, to say the least. The Treant stood there, staring at what was almost a mirror image of himself. The only difference was that he was there, watching, while the other Twisted Treant was more than happy to launch himself into a fray, bashing aside Lux before advancing upon Vayne, locking her down in a tanglevine of roots. The two women had gotten caught in the river, pincered from all sides without any escape. He, on the other hand, had been straying away from the fight. A small tussle with the enemy Garen and Malphite left the Treant in dire straits, wondering how he had ever gotten away in the first place. Now, surrounded by the blue light of returning to his fountain, he could only watch as his team was utterly decimated.

By his own tricks, no less. It disgusted Maokai to think that not only was he having to follow the orders of whatever Summoner had called him to the Fields of Justice, but they also had the power to create a replica of him, and command that with the same brute intensity and power that he himself had.

It made him wonder, though. Did the alternate Maokai have the same thoughts he did? The same distaste for magic? The same hatred for those foolish mages? The same abhorrence of his very existence? It was a peculiar thought-- either there was a mirror image of himself that most likely would like nothing more than to band together against the mages, or there was a complete polar opposite who enjoyed this wretched animation.

His bark shuddered, as the light reached its brightest and he was whisked away to the fountain. He could hear the urgings of his summoner in the back of his head to get back as soon as possible, to defend the turret from being destroyed, and despite his internal wishing to stay put, he found himself moving forward. He shambled on, sapling in hand, his eyes set upon the turret that he was so urgently needed at.

When he got there, the enemy team had moved on. At least, most of them. The only one left, surrounded by a small squadron of minions was the enemy Treant. They shared a quick glance, before his counterpart continued to whack away at the tower, small chunks of debris flying off with each swing. Maokai deflected a rather large chunk heading right his way with his left arm, before raising it high and smashing the ground in front of him. A shockwave of energy flew right at the opposing Treant, who rooted himself in place, bracing for impact. Chunks of bark and wood flew as the magical burst hit, the opposing Maokai glaring over in his direction.

With a sudden burst of outrage, Maokai found himself being blown back with a force twice as strong as he sent out. In his defence, the tower began to fire its missile barrage at the opposing Treant-- but his mirror didn't seem to care. He flew at him in a whirling frenzy of leaves and vines, crashing into him. The look that the other Treant gave him was one of pure malice, and hatred.

And then it was like their thoughts were synced.

-I- am the real Maokai!

That made both of them pause. And soon, Maokai began to question himself. If the Summoners created two identical ones, who was the original? Who was the real one, and who was the fake? Here he was, looking at the other as if he were absolutely sure he was the real one, but now it was an uncertainty.

Would that mean, then, that as the fake, he should secede? Should he give in? It would mean nothing to Nature-- for, if anything, being the copy of one so wrongfully brought to life is more of a sin against the delicate balance, perhaps death would mean a step towards the rightful order?

-No-.

He raised his hand, battering the other Maokai in the face, knocking him aside. Like his twin, he rushed out in full force, vines entangling the other Treant right underneath the tower, as he continued to be pelted by magical blasts. And as he began to wail away, amidst the cries from the other-- as he began to pound the other into nothing more than a pile of mulch, only one thought truly resonated in his mind.

Whether or not I am the fake, the existence of two is forbidden. There can only be one. ))

Ask A Treant

12-13-2012

(( Aaaaand another bump. >.> This one's a little inspired from past events on the boards.))

(( It wasn't that he disliked all humans. It was simply he knew that they were imperfect creatures. They, like most anything else, were corruptible, influenced, and not without internalized evils. A weak human would let those things control them. A weak human would let their balance be taken over, lose the fight, and eventually be nothing more than a tool.

Still, it amazed him to think that there were those who were seemingly undaunting. Those select few who could stave off any attack or attempt at subterfuge on their being. It was around these people that the Treant was "okay" with.

For lack of any better term.

True, he might not have ever met these kinds of people if he had not been turned. He had, albeit annoyingly, had the idea thrown at him more than once during his stay here. That perhaps the life which he took to be a curse was not all too horrible. After all, what kind of tree would be able to say they were able to experience a world outside of their roots?

"A privileged one." He grumped. He let out a huff afterwards, sending out a small spiral of magic and leaves that dissipated slowly in the air. No, this life was a curse alright. He was ripped from what was natural and right, and twisted into something unnatural and... "Wrong."

What he chose to do with said cursed life, however, could be a blessing.

At least, that was the middle ground that he had settled upon. If only to appease her.

"Now, Maokai, I'm sure you know better than to simply do something to appease me."

The Treant turned his head, to stare up at a pair of fans. Karma hid her face behind them-- though he would have been willing to bet his life that she was smirking. If only a little bit. He swirled his legs around, dipping them in the vibrant, clear, pure waters that ran behind her tea shop. Despite being in a more secluded area of the shop, the Treant still had to make his way through a small crowd to get to the back, grumbling as he remembered the bewildered faces of those who had stood in his way.

The Treant grunted back at the Ionian, turning his gaze back to the waters. "Is the tea serving you well?"

Karma stared back implacably at the Treant. Leave it to Maokai to completely stem away from initial conversation. "I suppose. Most people don't like the idea that steeping your sapling in water makes tea, but they tend not to complain once they try it. I'll admit, I was a little wary at first myself, but I do think that giving everything at least one attempt is worth it. Don't you?"

Another grunt. Leave it to Karma to always tie things back to where you don't want them to be.

"What have you come here for, Karma?" The Treant asks. He doesn't expect the small laughter as a response.

"I could ask you the same. Why come so far out of your way, just to soak your roots in some clean water? There's obviously more to you than I can tell. And yet, you don't want to share. Truly an odd one."

The Treant stood up at that point, cutting her off. He reached down, scooped up his sapling, then stepped out of the pond.

"I'll be back with some leaves tomorrow." He grumbled. "And some other plants, if you like." He didn't even wait for a response as he started to lumber away, leaving Karma there, fanning herself.

And even then, her smirk did not fade. ))

OdainMorll

12-13-2012

A letter would arrive for Maokai via the Institue of War, meaning it's probably from a Summoner.

Dear Maokai,

I understand that you are a being of nature and I do not mean to offend with my question, but is there any man-made artifact or building that you find yourself quite amazed with? Much like when a Human is amazed with a beautiful flower or a gigantic mountain.

From, Odain Morll

Ask A Treant

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdainMorll View Post
A letter would arrive for Maokai via the Institue of War, meaning it's probably from a Summoner.

Dear Maokai,

I understand that you are a being of nature and I do not mean to offend with my question, but is there any man-made artifact or building that you find yourself quite amazed with? Much like when a Human is amazed with a beautiful flower or a gigantic mountain.

From, Odain Morll
Odain,

There is much to be amazed about in this world. Personally, natural formations or artifacts are more poignant to me, but I will admit that I have been... enthused by some of these... objects that human minds have thought up, and put together.

Perhaps some of the most awe-inspiring to me, however, are machines that humans have built that allow them to fly. I have been forever rooted to the ground, as you see. Winged creatures have a natural ability to soar through the skies and look down upon the world. Humans were not created with this purpose-- but instead were able to give themselves this ability through other means.

From,
Maokai

Ask A Treant

12-20-2012

(( I'll be around, don't worry. ))

Ask Shyvana

12-24-2012

Shyvana approached Maokai curiously.

"Hello." She said. "How do you feel about Zyra?"

Ask A Treant

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Shyvana approached Maokai curiously.

"Hello." She said. "How do you feel about Zyra?"
He was used to seeing dragons. Especially the half-breed, considering that there had been many a skirmish in the Treeline where she had been present.

"Zyra? My view from before has not changed. She is a being of Nature much like I, however that's the end of our kindred spirit. Unless you also count being opposed to humans-- although we have our different reasons.

I am not a plant that requires flesh for sustenance-- in fact, the thought of it abhors me. Zyra, on the other hand, feeds off of the living. It's something as natural as humans or animals eating meat to survive, I suppose.

The only "concern" I have in regards to Zyra is whether or not she succumbs to the magic that gave her the life she has now. She needs to realize that her form, as it is now, is not the way she was meant to be. The more she stays in this humanoid form, the more I fear she is going to lose herself in a life unnatural. If that ends up being the case-- well, I have no resentment against harming what was once natural.

However, my time as a sentient form has not blinded me. Nor has my time in the institute, being around other champions. I have been told of her "choice", her "free will" to evolve in this way, and do as she pleases. She needs to realize, however, that Nature has Her own way of balancing things that were not meant to be. One way or another, Zyra will come face to face with this.

Ask Shyvana

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
He was used to seeing dragons. Especially the half-breed, considering that there had been many a skirmish in the Treeline where she had been present.

"Zyra? My view from before has not changed. She is a being of Nature much like I, however that's the end of our kindred spirit. Unless you also count being opposed to humans-- although we have our different reasons.

I am not a plant that requires flesh for sustenance-- in fact, the thought of it abhors me. Zyra, on the other hand, feeds off of the living. It's something as natural as humans or animals eating meat to survive, I suppose.

The only "concern" I have in regards to Zyra is whether or not she succumbs to the magic that gave her the life she has now. She needs to realize that her form, as it is now, is not the way she was meant to be. The more she stays in this humanoid form, the more I fear she is going to lose herself in a life unnatural. If that ends up being the case-- well, I have no resentment against harming what was once natural.

However, my time as a sentient form has not blinded me. Nor has my time in the institute, being around other champions. I have been told of her "choice", her "free will" to evolve in this way, and do as she pleases. She needs to realize, however, that Nature has Her own way of balancing things that were not meant to be. One way or another, Zyra will come face to face with this.
"You consider her an abomination?" Shyvana asked. "One that should be dealt with?"