Ask Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask A Treant

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjihyana View Post
Mira blinks at Maokai's serious tone, letting out an "eep" sound. She quickly nods at Maokai.
"Don't wooooorry. I won't do anything like that...."

Tyr simply stares at Maokai when the Treant speaks of misuse of magic, shaking his head. He was tempted to show the Treant true misuse of Glade magic, but knew it would be a bad idea.
"See that you don't." He says, warningly. "I have no qualms against unleashing my full wrath upon someone so... young and innocent."

The sapling, continuing to rub and pull at the sudden hair between it's eyes, alters it's hands into a comb-like structure and starts preening.

Tjihyana

10-09-2012

Mira nods, smiling and giggling again as if nothing had happened.
"Ooookay. I'll be nice. Tihihih."

Tyr lands on Mira's head and looks at Maokai, shrugging.

Ask A Treant

10-12-2012

(( Damn forums wouldn't let me log in for days ))

The treant grunts, and looks down at his sapling. A casual brush of some fingers over its face makes the hair fall out, turning into a small patch of flowers as it all hits the ground. "As... long as you're nice." He says. It's almost awkward for him to speak like that. "Then you're welcome in the Treeline at any time."

He doesn't seem to have much else to say to the yordle, though. And rather than avoid an awkward situation, he lumbers around, pretending like he's starting to care for some of the nearby plants and trees.

Tjihyana

10-13-2012

Mira nods and looks aruond, smiling and giggling as usual.

"Weeell, I won't bother you any looooooonger. Byyyyye. Tihihih."

She stands up and hops off, Tyr fluttering close behind.

Ask A Treant

10-15-2012

Maokai watches the yordle go, and then whispers something to his sapling. It looks up at him, and then hops off of his hand, waddling off after her. Just to watch her, of course, to ensure that she doesn't do anything brash whilst in the Treeline.

That, and it totally wants an afro, now.

Iron Ambássador

Ask A Treant

10-15-2012

((*Walks around toting Poppy on his head. Everywhere.*))

((I should also add that eating w hile reading all these comics, I nearly choked and died.))

Iron Ambássador

10-15-2012

((I happened to come across the comic in Reddit yesterday, and then found that certain piece. It's amazing.... ))

((Also, I find it funny how girly Poppy is pictured in comics always. ))

Ask A Treant

10-16-2012

(( Methinks they're just trying to play up the whole contrast between battle/serious poppy and girly/inner poppy. If such a thing ever existed.))

(Also, bump. If I don't get questions, I might end up posting little snippets of stuff I've been writing that's Maokai based.)

Ask A Treant

10-17-2012

((He was always in awe whenever she came by. Annie Hastur, the young human mage, had far more control over her element that other people that came to battle in the treeline. Try as he might, there was something about the little wonder that left him, well, wondering. It didn't matter how hot she made her flame, or how wide she spread her fires-- whenever they dissipated, the surrounding area was untouched. Fires blazing an array of reds, oranges, and yellows would burn and melt all opponents, but leave the wildlife as green and blue as it was beforehand.

What amazed him even more was that when the little pyromage would control her flames to such an extent, that she could let loose a cone of fire to burn enemies, but when he stood in the way, he felt nothing.

Control like that was something he revered.

He never found the urge, however, to ask her about it. It wasn't fear, nor was it shyness. Simple respect told the Treant that the best way to acknowledge her ability would be to compliment her. Still, it wasn't like Maokai was the best at compliments. It was easy for him to threaten, put down, and ignore humans; but when something as awe-inspiring as this came up, he felt himself rooted to place. He was no more than a sunflower, turning to watch the sun.

"Watch out, Mister Maokai!" He heard Annie shout. A fireball whizzed just under his arm, exploding and burning Warwick, who had attempted to jump out from a nearby bush at him. Before Maokai could even spin around to help her, he watched as the young mage unleashed a cone of fire, stunning the werewolf in the embers. As the Treant raised a fist to emit his signature shockwave, the ground opened up underneath him. Rocks and lava spewed aside as Annie's bear, Tibbers, burst forth from the ground, and launched himself at the ex-chemist. The pair disappeared into the bush, the sounds of bear and wolf fighting, only to have the haunting voice of the League's announcer echo above them.

"An enemy has been slain."

Tibbers, looking unscathed, padded out of the thickets, giving Maokai a nod before resuming his place by Annie's side.

"That was close, Mister Maokai! Are you okay?"

Stunned. He was stunned.

And all he could think of, was if such a little girl had so much control, why did the Treeline change the way it did? Why did he change the way he did? It made him want to break down. It didn't make sense.

He gave Annie a grunt, nodding slightly, before lumbering off into the jungle once more. The match was far from over.))

((Bump! n.n))