Ask Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Denovean

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
Maokai stares blankly at the unfamiliar face.

"If I do not attempt to keep balance in the world, who will? The summoners? The foolish humans who don't understand how to control their powers? No, they will not. At least not on their own. I am perhaps the best candidate for this task. My existence will show the world that things need to change, and I will have a hand in how it will change. Things will return to the peace we once knew."

Despite his fervour, there was something in his tone of voice that betrayed him. The Treant knew that things could never be the same.

"I have learned that fools with magic cannot be trusted. Magic in and of itself is naught but a tool-- misuse provides strife and responsibility brings power. Perhaps there are some few who are responsible enough to work beside me. All else shall not be spared."
Interesting point of view.

Thank you for your time Great Treant.

Ask A Treant

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovean View Post
Interesting point of view.

Thank you for your time Great Treant.
I'm glad to know the point of view of this old oak interests you.

Sarcasm? Probably.

Denovean

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
I'm glad to know the point of view of this old oak interests you.

Sarcasm? Probably.
((*Chuckle*))

Snowy Poro

08-13-2012

"Maokai.. what are your thoughts on me..?"

- Leona

Ask A Treant

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Bott View Post
"Maokai.. what are your thoughts on me..?"

- Leona
The treant stares at the Solari with a puzzled look.

I have always had a quiet reverence for the Sun. The Sun gives Nature life. It is through Her (is the Sun even female? Genderless? Does it matter?) that we are able to photosynthesize, and thus live.

But recent developments with your sister/lover/whatever Diana have also brought other matters to the forefront. The Sun can dry up and wither a plant. She can cause drought, crack the soil, and hurt us just as much as She does help us. It's not that I never knew, or thought of this, but with her and her sudden "Down with the Sun, Embrace the Heresy" campaign (which, on a side note, she could probably run for the new President of Valoran or something. Good campaigner right there), it's become a general discussion topic between my saplings and I.

As a Solari, thus, my view on you is neutral. You are not the sun. You are simply a child gifted with the powers to embrace sunlight. As you have never (at least to my knowledge), razed, burned, or dried up verdant life, I have no reason to hate you. But at the same time, I have no reason to take your side, either.

And no, that is not an invitation to try and win me over by coming into the Treeline and shining some sunlight on all the little plants.

Snowy Poro

08-13-2012

"I wasn't trying to win you over as I have no plans on raging a war against Diana.. despite her wanting to wage one against me.. just, curiosity, is all. Thank you for your time, Maokai."

Dear Tryndamere

08-13-2012

Dear Maokai,

What is your relationship with Sion? Has he attempted to sell you as lumber yet?

-Tryndamere

Tévinter

08-13-2012

((I don't see it being asked anywhere in this thread, so here it is))

Thoughts on Zyra?

Ask A Treant

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Bott View Post
"I wasn't trying to win you over as I have no plans on raging a war against Diana.. despite her wanting to wage one against me.. just, curiosity, is all. Thank you for your time, Maokai."
Your kind is always looking to know who is on whose side. Even if they don't ask for help.

Nonetheless, you're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Tryndamere View Post
Dear Maokai,

What is your relationship with Sion? Has he attempted to sell you as lumber yet?

-Tryndamere
Oh, a lumberjack joke. Is this where I make fun of your right hand getting more attention than Ashe?

Ask A Treant

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrovna View Post
((I don't see it being asked anywhere in this thread, so here it is))

Thoughts on Zyra?
Zyra is a being of Nature like I am, but that is where our likenesses end. She "evolved" from a type of plant that preyed on flesh for sustenance. I had actually thought all of her kind extinct.

She harnesses magic to take on her humanoid form as well as fight the way she does. My only concern is that she stays in control of it, lest it consume her and she become nothing more than a mindless victim of her own power.

While I harbor resentment against humans, it is not all of them, only those that are incompetent and irresponsible with the powers that they hold. Zyra... well, Zyra just seems to have two basic ideals. One is to explore this newfound world opened up to her. The other is to eat.