Alternative Spectator Mode Without Delay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VES Sub

05-02-2012

Hello Summoners, I'm sure you are all aware of the new full release of Spectator Mode that has just come out. I think it is a great new feature to League of Legends. However, I do not really like the 3 minute delay on the games. I can see myself using the Spectator feature mostly as a time passer for when my friends are in a game and I am waiting for them to finish up so that I can join them. Now, if I'm on Teamspeak with them and they are freaking out about something, I won't be able to see what is going on until 3 minutes later. Now, I do understand the reason behind the delay, Riot doesn't want people cheating and stuff. To my idea, I think there should be an alternative mode for the Spectator Mode where there is no delay. This mode would only allow you to see your friend's teams point of view. So you wouldn't be able to see any of the enemies Fog of War, or the items they have purchased unless a friendly has spotted them recently. This would allow for me to watch in real time what my friends are freaking out about rather than having to wait the 3 minutes to see what's going on. Let me know what you guys think of this, thanks for reading!
-Conlez

Goldoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Play Shen.

Get friends on teamspeak to watch your entire team for you.

Tunnel vision your lane and only ult when someone tells you to. Outside interference. You could've easily not noticed the person dying and that kill would've snowballed into enemy team win.

Cheating.

MustBMagic

05-02-2012

I agree I only spectate friends games because I want to watch them

I dont care what the other team is doing.
doubt it would be implemented though

Paint Cans

05-02-2012

To be honest, I'm not sure why this isn't released in any spectator modes for any games, I guess it could be like having a second pair of eyes, warning you of things you would miss. For example, you could warn your friends when YOU see that the enemy mid has left their lane, even though the ally mid hasnt called an MIA.

Although, I fully support this and would love to see it implemented.

LoveOfProfit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

So what happens when you have friends (in game friends list) on both teams? You spectate one, and tell the other one what his team is doing.

Vulking

05-02-2012

You are not seeing the other reason it is on delay, and it is to don't over saturate the game with outsiders connections which can potentially lag the match, the 3 minutes delay allow Riot to put the match info outside of the game server avoiding unwanted and unavoidable lag.

Zemenar90

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldoth View Post
Play Shen.

Get friends on teamspeak to watch your entire team for you.

Tunnel vision your lane and only ult when someone tells you to. Outside interference. You could've easily not noticed the person dying and that kill would've snowballed into enemy team win.

Cheating.
By that logic you can currently "cheat" by having drag and buff timers down to a tee for your friends as their spawns exceed 3 minutes.

Outside interference. Cheating.

/sarcasm

Honestly I think this is a good idea and would love to see it implemented because I've run into this same problem. Not to mention you will be able to watch the ending of their games without having them wait 3 minutees for you to join the next game.

Edit: a 3-5 second delay would solve all the problems. This would be a nice compromise

VES Sub

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfProfit View Post
So what happens when you have friends (in game friends list) on both teams? You spectate one, and tell the other one what his team is doing.
Since when has one of your friends joined a game on another friends team? There are millions of players playing the game, the chances of this are extremely slim. Sure, in custom games I could see this happening, but I'm sure in a tournament situation Riot wouldn't allow this non-delay feature if it is implemented.

JediPills

05-02-2012

If this is to be implemented then minimap has to be disabled. but yea spectating a friends game with delay is pretty lame :\

Peabob

05-02-2012

Hoo boy, I know I'm gonna get some downvotes coming my way for this, but here we go. I think Riot should implement something similar to HoN's mentor system. Allow friends to spectate one another in real time, offering advice and tips, while limiting their vision only to their friend's team. It's a good system that helps lesser skilled players improve, and it's also a lot more fun to watch, being able to talk to them right after something has happened.