Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Why is she so underplayed? She is an excellent support, contrary to popular belief.

People say she needs AP to be good, but not really. I build her with typical support items, and she heals and shields perfectly fine.

She has a fast cooldown AoE heal for teamfights that heals based on %hp missing, which really saves lives. Combine this with cooldown reduction for more mantras, and you are good to go.

Her leash is decent, but with mantra it is very good. It can save lives and secure kills.

Her shield is also very useful, especially with mantra. It does HUGE aoe damage which is useful for teamfights.

With 40% CDR, you should have 1 mantra every 12 seconds. That should give you 3 fast heals in a teamfight which makes a huge difference between an ace and getting aced.

So please, tell me why karma is so underplayed?

corallein

05-02-2012

12 seconds is an eternity.
Heal is short range and doesn't heal for enough (and is nearly impossible to actually hit multiple people who need it).
Tripline is awkward to use and not long enough range/leash.
No CC except that ****ty tripline.
Shield does little damage with no AP.
Everything remotely good takes a Mantra charge.
You're not going to have 40% CDR as a 0-CS support.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallein View Post
12 seconds is an eternity.
Heal is short range and doesn't heal for enough (and is nearly impossible to actually hit multiple people who need it).
Tripline is awkward to use and not long enough range/leash.
No CC except that ****ty tripline.
Shield does little damage with no AP.
Everything remotely good takes a Mantra charge.
You're not going to have 40% CDR as a 0-CS support.
the 12 seconds starts after the first heal, not the second one, so it should be ready by the time your heal is off cd the second time
tripline has a decent range
you get a decent amount of AP from your passive and some support items (i.e. kage's lucky pick)
you are going to get SOME cs if your carry has to recall or you defend a turret alone

Sephrinx

05-02-2012

I agree with Op. I think she is great and very powerful support. She trolls hella hard too. Fun to play, she reminds me of the Support version of Leesin, hence the "6" Abilities between her Q W E...

swordcookie

05-02-2012

I rather just play Kayle support then. -,- Don't get me wrong, I love using Karma at top and mid, but her as 0 cs support is just useless.

corallein

05-02-2012

Then I guess you're never Mantra-shielding, huh?

Kage's is 25 AP.
Passive is 130 AP at level 15 (oh, and supports are usually under-leveled) only if you're at 30% health or lower (ie. dead the second someone on the other team looks at you crossly).
Total: 155 AP only if you're about to die. With no magic pen. So a rank 6 Mantra'd Shield will do maybe 200 damage if you're lucky.

Spirit Bond range is 800, leash range is 900. Yeah, that leash super easy to break. It's even shorter than the leash on Morgana's ult. Its usage is extremely finicky when you have to stand way in back as a squishy support.
Casting it on your bruisers = instant breakage as they dive for the enemy carry, where you can't follow.
Casting it on the enemy bruisers = minor slow, but no damage.
Casting it on your AD carry = you're forced to kite with them or it breaks. Oh look, now you're out of heal and shield range from the rest of your team.
Oh, and the movement speed modifier is ****. 20% at max rank is pathetic.

And "some CS" is... oh, about 30 CS if you're lucky. Maybe more if your AD carry really sucks and is always dying or having to go back and no one else is around to cover the lane - you're probably going to lose if that's the case though.

Haunchbones

05-02-2012

cdr boots tear morellas aa

Emeraldw

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunchbones View Post
cdr boots tear morellas aa
That is a terrible build on anyone. AP mid or support.

I love Karma, but she must have farm as everything she does is soft. Without cs, she is just not as good as all the other supports. And for an AP mid support, you have lulu/ziliean as well to compete with.

She works fine in Dominion though.

RuleroftheWorld

05-02-2012

Let me just say this, because I use Karma all the time and I usually never post. Karma is an amazing mid game and late game support.
All I do is build ap and it usually works out. You let your carry farm and only take if they arent there, you'll make money off of assists and kills sometimes if your lucky. Mid game, when people are out of lane, make sure you're in team fights and get assisits and kills. between that time, farm. Because you need it.
I always end up building ROA, CDR boots, WOA, and Rylais in the end and Morello's, jsut be patient and don't die. I usually do well, just keep going for an ap build and it will get done no matter what. and being a support, you get assists usually, no matter what.
It's not the CS that'sthe problem for me, it's usually my laning partner that doesnt understand that I can output damage while keeping them alive. It frustrates me when they run while I have a shield and heal up. Anyways Karma is strong champ and she's better in different compositions. Better in premades. I'll rape with her. Still viable in solo que. But I wonder what the remake is going to do....

also, I'll end up in every game with at least 150 CS and I never compete for it,and will gladly hand it over to any other champ if they're around btw.

Skidochufada

05-02-2012

Karma fills a niche when I choose a support (or mid). If our mid is AD, I'll usually run Karma (to get more magic damage balancing the team). Likewise, if we have a support that likes to transition to a bit more damage (some alistars, nunu, teemo, morgana, nidalee) mid game, I'll run karma mid.