Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking to join a NESL/DD Dominion Tournament team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

05-02-2012

Credentials:
+100 Ranked SR Games
+1700 Dominion Games
+50 Champions unlocked
~1500-1600 Dominion ELO

Haven't played a single SR game since Dominion release

What I play well:
AP Poke, AD Poke, Support

Who I play currently:
Teemo, Trundle, Ezreal, Nidalee (50/50). Many others also, I have at least played every champion I own in +10 Dominion games.

I prefer top strongly, but have several bottom champions I can play.

I tend to lean more towards utility champions like Teemo, Trundle, etc.

I'm not really looking for a team to 'take me under their wing'. I'm looking to break into the competitive scene to increase my own skill and knowledge of the game. I am very eager to do this and take criticism well.

I don't really have set champions I excel with at the moment because most of my time has been spent changing champions I play from week to week.

I am not interested in picking T1-2 champions solely because they are T1-2 champions. I play to have fun, I play the champions I like.

TL;DR

Invite me in game so we can chat. Vent or Skype works.

Wyvernfist

05-02-2012

NESL Dominion is done, according to sources

ForgedLife

05-02-2012

Quote:
asdunhuimhbtrwer:
no offense intended, but 1600 dominion elo isn't that high... its good compared to the average player (90th percentile is still very good), but there are also lots of 2k players not on a team, and the top teams all are 2k+

Long and short of it, I don't think you are quite ready to "break into the competitive scene". You say you play ~4 champions at your best level, which is fine for soloqueue, but since they are different roles, you are going to need more champions for the role you will fill on a team (IE if your team is relying on you for AP poke, and you get to your pick, and they have already picked Nidalee, you will have some problems)

That being said, its entirely possible a team of lower elo players will take you, and also entirely possible that you can bring yourself up in elo to where a top team would take you. If you want to improve, see if you can get a player you want to play like to friend you, and then just spectate their games, and copy everything they do until you figure out why they do it... then apply their reasoning and play like a boss. Don't focus on winning perse, focus on learning. If you lose a game, think hard about it about how you could have played different to change the outcome (IE mistakes).

I have found that elo is usually pretty inaccurate. Once players get past a certain point (usually like 1700-1800), they will see good play consistently. Those that have hit 2k and above are usually doing so by duoqueueing or 5manning every game.

inFe eD

05-02-2012

Quote:
ForgedLife:
I have found that elo is usually pretty inaccurate. Once players get past a certain point (usually like 1700-1800), they will see good play consistently. Those that have hit 2k and above are usually doing so by duoqueueing or 5manning every game.
Or hard randoming every other game, that's the most well-kept secret to farming elo.

Also, I've seen herpaderps at every level, so yeah, elo is pretty inaccurate in that regard.

Wyvernfist

05-02-2012

Quote:
inFe eD:
Also, I've seen herpaderps at every level, so yeah, elo is pretty inaccurate in that regard.

I was in a few games with all 1900-2200 players, and was dismayed at how bad some of them were. Bad as in you-must-be-playing-your-brother's-account bad.

Forestgreen02

05-02-2012

Quote:
ForgedLife:

I can tell you, I've never duo Qed. Solo Q all the way to the top. I was close to duo Qing with Nothingleft2Lose once but Q times was too long so I bailed, and only wanted to duo cuz I had him in like 9/10 of my games, either on or on the other team.

Laurix

05-02-2012

Quote:
Wyvernfist:
NESL Dominion is done, according to sources

Can anyone else confirm this?

Sauron

05-02-2012

Quote:
Laurix:
Can anyone else confirm this?

Its done. They've stopped sponsoring it.

Laurix

05-02-2012

Quote:
Sauron:
Its done. They've stopped sponsoring it.

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

Elalya

05-03-2012

Quote:
ForgedLife:

I got to 2.1k by solo queueing Eve. Just pick champions who beat up on disorganized teams and you'll gain elo quickly.