*sigh* No 3v3 featured matches for spectator mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoopman

05-02-2012

Is anyone else a little peeved that the featured matches don't have the option to watch 3v3 games? Granted they probably happen less often, but at least the option would be nice. I want to improve in 3v3 and watching good players is a good way to learn new things about the meta and gameplay.

DlE

05-02-2012

there was 1 match yesterday morning on the top 5 but yea kinda sad was the only one i saw all day.

Shoopman

05-02-2012

Yeah I'd rather just be able to switch it to 3v3 games instead of having one pop up very rarely. Hope they implement something like that soon but we all know how riot feels about TT...

Chake14u

05-02-2012

An honest solution to make everyone happy,
2 of them are TT
2 of them are SR
1 of them is dominion
I'm seeing that arising too

Koldheartedjsp

05-02-2012

ya i was really happy i saw one on the featured last night

but that's only because the servers had just popped up and someone managed to get in a 3s ranked que

Shoopman

05-02-2012

Personally I feel that featuring dominion games is useless. I think dominion is good for fun, but that's about it. A lot of games are decided by who has the most god tier champs. Builds and strategy are very diluted because you never really have a significant gold advantage over your opponent, making countering very easy to do in a short amount of time. Laning doesn't exist, it's just how well you can play your champion in a small fight. Seems like a waste of time to feature dominion games, especially since there is no ranked for it.

If you couldn't tell, I don't like dominion very much >_>

Chake14u

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
Personally I feel that featuring dominion games is useless. I think dominion is good for fun, but that's about it. A lot of games are decided by who has the most god tier champs. Builds and strategy are very diluted because you never really have a significant gold advantage over your opponent, making countering very easy to do in a short amount of time. Laning doesn't exist, it's just how well you can play your champion in a small fight. Seems like a waste of time to feature dominion games, especially since there is no ranked for it.

If you couldn't tell, I don't like dominion very much >_>
Yes, I understand what you're talking about (hence I said only 1) but honestly somebody would STILL want dominion (if you want to know go to the dominion forms). Honestly, I agree with you completely that dominion isn't really valuable in the aspect of overall gameplay but its still useful to have some team there just for the fact that it's going to cause an uprising if only TT and SR are featured.

Besides, who would fill that third slot?

Shoopman

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chake14u View Post
Yes, I understand what you're talking about (hence I said only 1) but honestly somebody would STILL want dominion (if you want to know go to the dominion forms). Honestly, I agree with you completely that dominion isn't really valuable in the aspect of overall gameplay but its still useful to have some team there just for the fact that it's going to cause an uprising if only TT and SR are featured.

Besides, who would fill that third slot?
Idk, I think 3 SR And 2 TT is good. A Dominion slot MIGHT be ok if some high elo players were playing, but I don't think that too many high elo players play dominion regularly, if at all. The best solution is to have 5 (or more, hopefully) of each with the ability to switch between game types, but one can only hope. Spec mode is pretty buggy still, hopefully they will add more games to spectate when they do some QOL and bug changes.

On another note, spectator mode has really opened my eyes. 2.1K elo players do some DUMB stuff sometimes >_> It really shows just how far above everyone else the established pro teams are.

Chake14u

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
Idk, I think 3 SR And 2 TT is good. A Dominion slot MIGHT be ok if some high elo players were playing, but I don't think that too many high elo players play dominion regularly, if at all. The best solution is to have 5 (or more, hopefully) of each with the ability to switch between game types, but one can only hope. Spec mode is pretty buggy still, hopefully they will add more games to spectate when they do some QOL and bug changes.

On another note, spectator mode has really opened my eyes. 2.1K elo players do some DUMB stuff sometimes >_> It really shows just how far above everyone else the established pro teams are.
Haha! The last paragraph is so true.
Now if we were to start including 5 games in SR, TT, AND dominion we would have too many unskilled player playing the game and not enough actually good high ranking game because people are just trying to fill in that lost slot (if you could follow). MAYBE if they reduced the number shown (like to 3 per game mode) we would still keep all the, lets face it, noobs out of the game.

Honestly, I think Riot may be ignoring us or relaying what we've been saying in this thread!
*crosses finger in vayne*