jungle warwick help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RitLew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

how do you effectively jungle and gank before level 6?

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

You don't. Most dont jungle WW because his ganks are really bad. He has no real speed booster, no gap closer, and no CC even. That makes him incredibly sucky. Especially in a new jungle where failing a gank is really hurtful to a jungler, and an AFK-jungler can't really keep up with XP/gold unless they have some amazingly fast jungling due to AoEs. Which WW doesnt have.

All he has is high jungle sustain and decent 1 target killing power. So he generally does much better TOP lane. It is ironic since WW was once the 'iconic' jungler in LoL.

SummoningGiraffe

05-02-2012

With red and smart positioning.
Honestly, it really isn't all that. The one thing I suggest is picking up boots first, as he can afford to do so. Though I won't deny he isn't the best jungler pre-6 due to his bad ganks, he still has the best sustain out there as of now.

Also, if you can't gank, then do some control jungling and just take the enemies camps. Farm yourself up to level 6 then go and get a gank that should be secured.

Ebonclaw

05-02-2012

After 6 you can 'hard' gank with your ult, and it's incredible. Honestly, I think that in most cases the post-6 ults along with his ability to function as an assassin, a tank, and an initiator in team fights, totally makes up for it.

Think of pre-6 as 'soft' ganking. You mostly want to look for lanes where the enemy is already low, or where your team has high HP and can afford to jump the enemy in what might not be a winning fight. You show up after they are engaged, your Blood Scent triggers, and people are in a lot of trouble.

It's really not so bad, just the reason he isn't jungled so much now is because he is such a beast top. Since he was nerfed a little and people are learning better how to counter him, you'll probably see him in the jungle a little more often.

jmlinden7

05-02-2012

You gank lanes where your teammates have good cc, get red buff, get a point or two in e and w.

Odhinn

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoningGiraffe View Post
With red and smart positioning.
Honestly, it really isn't all that. The one thing I suggest is picking up boots first, as he can afford to do so. Though I won't deny he isn't the best jungler pre-6 due to his bad ganks, he still has the best sustain out there as of now.

Also, if you can't gank, then do some control jungling and just take the enemies camps. Farm yourself up to level 6 then go and get a gank that should be secured.
This is exactly right. Taking boots and 3 pots at lvl 1 helps not only with your ganks but it also lets you move through the jungle faster therefor increasing your clear time. I go all out on movement speed when jungling WW by taking movement speed quints and the swiftness mastery. This along with red makes your pre 6 ganks actually pretty good because most people in lane dont even have lvl 1 boots yet.

RitLew

05-03-2012

what runes/masteries?

Odhinn

05-04-2012

I take arpen/magic pen marks, flat armor seals, CDR glyphs and move speed quints.

masteries are 21/0/9

offence
3 in brute force
1 in butcher
4 in alacrity
4 in sorcery
1 in weapon expertise
1 in arcane knowledge
3 in havoc
3 in sunder
1 in executioner

Utility
1 in summoners insight
3 in expanded mind
4 in swiftness
1 in runic affinity

summoners insight can be switched with improved recall and the one point in butcher can go into summoners wrath if you prefer to take ghost or exhaust over flash. Doing so removes your only escape so be sure you know WWs positioning and role before trying it.