Madred's vs Black Cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I get MBR all the time on Shyvana; she's one of the two champions I can legitimately justify buying it on, because she doesn't need Wriggle's. Warwick is the other, because of his ultimate and again not needing Wriggle's.

But really, here's what holds it back; Pickaxe. Remove Pickaxe, 25 AD and the 975 gold associated with them, and you've made the item much more available, which is the one problem with MBR.

Fracture Eon

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
I get MBR all the time on Shyvana; she's one of the two champions I can legitimately justify buying it on, because she doesn't need Wriggle's. Warwick is the other, because of his ultimate and again not needing Wriggle's.

But really, here's what holds it back; Pickaxe. Remove Pickaxe, 25 AD and the 975 gold associated with them, and you've made the item much more available, which is the one problem with MBR.
I would rather reduce the build cost.

ricklessabandon once said that the current cost of Madred's Bloodrazor could justify a true damage on-hit effect. However, they think that would be a bit too strong. Basically, Madred's costs enough that true damage makes sense, but it wouldn't be balanced otherwise.

What this says to me is, we're paying to get something much stronger than what we actually receive, but we can't get what we're actually paying for because it would be too strong. Madred's costs too much for what it is.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracture Eon View Post
I would rather reduce the build cost.

ricklessabandon once said that the current cost of Madred's Bloodrazor could justify a true damage on-hit effect. However, they think that would be a bit too strong. Basically, Madred's costs enough that true damage makes sense, but it wouldn't be balanced otherwise.

What this says to me is, we're paying to get something much stronger than what we actually receive, but we can't get what we're actually paying for because it would be too strong. Madred's costs too much for what it is.
That's...basically what I just said. Make the item just slightly weaker, reduce the cost by nearly 1k gold, and it will be worth what you're paying AND balanced at the same time.

Current: 3800 gold.

Remove Pickaxe from the build and it would costs 2825 (less, if they lower the combine cost too). Yeah, you'd lose 25 AD, but be honest, do you actually buy MBR for the AD, or the AS and proc?

Fracture Eon

10-17-2012

No, that's not the same at all. What I said is that MBR is more expensive than what it is worth, and that includes all of its stats. You want to remove the Pickax. That would still result in the item being more expensive than what it is worth, because you've removed the gold value of the AD.

Reducing the combine fee is enough. The extra AD of MBR is still good. Making the item weaker so it can be afforded earlier is not going to help it be viable.