Talon 5 7.04%
Xerath 1 1.41%
Poppy 2 2.82%
Brand 4 5.63%
Annie 4 5.63%
Other 6 8.45%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Who are the best burst champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theFaithfull

05-02-2012

I am a new player to LoL and I am only level 7 at the moment, so I know that I have a ways to go to optimize my masteries/runes.

What I am looking for though is the best current burst classes. I am playing Brand and like him a lot, but I don't want to invest into him if he isn't going to be one of the best options.

I have read the forums and some guides, but the opinions are all over the place from AP Trist to Veigar, LeBlanc, Talon etc. etc.

Thanks for input from some of the seasoned vets out there.
-theFaithfull

FaerellG

05-02-2012

Patches and updates change things. The "best" will always be subjective.

Even the champions that are "strong" change over time.

theFaithfull

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Patches and updates change things. The "best" will always be subjective.

Even the champions that are "strong" change over time.
Right, just like any other game that is updated over time. But who are the current best burst?

Dark Aoshi

05-02-2012

Veigar easily. He can stun, throw a meteour and hadouken you to death also his ult is deadly mainly against AP. LeBlanck comes second
anyway.
I saw many times Veigar killing with only R > Q, while LeBlanck oftenly needs W > Q > R > E and some inginite.

Nipple Yanker

05-02-2012

I play Akali a lot and it's fun. It's a nice change of pace compared to standard faceroll AP characters.

Togekiss24

05-02-2012

I agree that Veigar has probably the best burst damage compared to most other champs... Though you would not play Veigar the same way as something like Talon or Poppy, so I don't really know why they are compared on your list.

Slivyrr

05-02-2012

In one given hit, probably Viegar. Annie probably takes second place here unless you manage the ultimate DPH AD Shaco build or count AP Ez's ult on several archangel's, which only really happens in max-feed custom games where you make 20k+ gold.
Burst over a few hits would probably be tied between Poppy, Akali, and Talon depending on how you build them.

theFaithfull

05-07-2012

Thanks for the input everyone. I still don't have a lot of champions to play with, but I love Poppy so far. Veigar just didn't suite my play style. Still looking forward to Talon and Akali though.

KmancXC

05-07-2012

Veigar, Anivia, Annie

iYounique

07-18-2012

Hybrid Akali burst can do tons of damage