Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need dodge penalty.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahhhh Crap

05-05-2012

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
Alright, I've read your posts and think I understand where you're coming from.

Well, I guess if your ENTIRE team is being blatantly stupid and not trying to win, your afking is at least understandable.

I just have a single question.

What happens if you get a team where 3 of the people on your team suck/don't care and are goofing around, and the 4th seriously wants to win.

Do you afk, or tryhard for the sake of that 1 person?

thats the grey area that sucks- I dont have a simple answer, all depends on the game. As I said, my basic formula is 'is the game still fun or is the team making it un-fun by the way theyre playing." again, I never let an unskilled player factor into that- its entirely how the team is playing and what sort of attitude people are throwing out. If theres one guy who's being fun still and the others arent that bad or I can just mute their problems away, I'll stick around and have fun.

But again, if the others are taking the fun out of the game and also in such a way that makes winning not feasable (yes yes, we can all come back from 3v5s or 4v5s but theres ways to have those comebacks and theres ways a team is playing that guarantees that's not happening), then there's really no upside. Again, if theres a player who says "he dude, lets just do what we can" that's all I need to stick around. If its a majority of team saying "youre a POS; I hate you; your mom should get cancer" or my new favorite of the day "I hope satan has anuz babies with you" then well, my desire to pull that team through is pretty dang small, lol.

I'm sure I've screwed over a genuinely good player a few times and I do feel bad for it- but again, I stopped playing entirely because the negative players were that detrimental to my gameplay experience. It sucks, but Id rather play slightly selfish and keep playing than play entirely selfless and get no joy from playing.

Mind you- I'm not trying to come across as better than anyone here- i know my attitude is less than great. I'm just being honest so some people can learn how to prevent some issues from arising.

N1ghtmareC1nema

05-05-2012

ITT: a 1000 elo and a 2000 elo get into an argument. Guess which is which!

There are good times to dodge. They come up less and less as your elo rises, however, and if you dodge every game, your elo is never going up. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and play

Ahhhh Crap

05-05-2012

last game I played- I went 7/7/1 as sion. Rest of my team, combined, went 5/34.

I didnt afk, I stuck it to the end. Why? no clue

Ahhhh Crap

05-05-2012

Quote:
N1ghtmareC1nema:
ITT: a 1000 elo and a 2000 elo get into an argument. Guess which is which!

There are good times to dodge. They come up less and less as your elo rises, however, and if you dodge every game, your elo is never going up. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and play

question- with hidden elo, how do you know elo of players anymore? All the systems I see require players using the programs in order to collect elo information. If persons arent using those programs, the elo info that could be collected is only as accurate as what? Jabebot death? or is even that available?

N1ghtmareC1nema

05-05-2012

Lolmatches, it's fantastic. It grabs the Elo of everyone in the game, provided that at least one person is running lolmatches. It's completely accurate, it doesn't do any calculations, just reports the a number from a bunch of data that it collects in queue. I don't know how it works on the technical side. I think the guy who started the thread about it has answered a bunch of questions on it.

ZenithZephyr

05-06-2012

5 dodges

naotasan

05-06-2012

I like how there's no penalty for pvp dodging but bot games have 15 dodge penalties.

I think they got it mixed up.

The Elk

05-06-2012

Quote:
ZenithZephyr:
5 dodges

There is problem with dodging. However you have to meet people halfway. I was one of those dodges. But you banned hecarim and irelia letting the other team first pick kassadin twice in a row, even after being asked nicely to ban him. If I wanted to fight kassadin, I would play blind.

Ahhhh Crap

05-06-2012

who would ban hecarim? he's one of the most balanced champ releases in recent memory. Why would you ban him unless centaurs scare you after the harry potter rape scene?

A single hat

05-07-2012

I rarely dodge because otherwise queues take too long, and its good to learn how to deal with derpy teammate picks... up to a point. I will dodge the 5x AP team pretty much every time.