Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need dodge penalty.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahhhh Crap

05-04-2012

Quote:
A12MO12:
even if my team is worthless i still finish the game. It's people with your attitude "oh it's dominion I can do what i want" that make it a pain for those of us that want to win.

thanks for trying to put words under my fingers- but I never typed that. If you want to make a straw man to attack, go for it, its fun. Just dress him weather appropriate please.

Dominion is actually more interesting to me than SR as each player has a larger influence. Plus the game is WAY shorter instead of 20 minutes of pointless leveling. Much more inclined to battle a game of dominion to the end and my records of having won 3v5s and 4v5s show it. Plus, who doesnt love the hell out of winning with 2 points left? Its a crazy fun feeling.

Never once have I afk'd because "its just dominion, it doesnt matter." Never once have I joined a game for an ip boost. I dont give a rats about IP points- its a free to play game, I dont need rewards to play.

I'm right there with you on getting severely annoyed by players who say 'its just dom'. why? because I play the game almost always with the intent to win. The only exceptions is when the other team has a disconnect or an obvious troll- then I put in what effort I can to keep the game balanced, or if its an obvious steamroll and my actions wont affect the game, I'll start screwing around and well diving or something. When a majority of my teammates are obviously not trying to win, or are just absolute jerkwads, then my desire to win can fade away. Not always, not majority of the time by any means, but it does happen.
I took to explaining this to you guys so youd perhaps realize that there are things you can do to lower the probability of having issues in your games- your solution? Try and dump on the guy whos trying to educate you. Good solution, I'm sure it'll work great.

There's an old saying "you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar" its shocking how many gamers think that this doesnt apply to them and the solution is to try and badger the other person into helping them. Virtual world has lots of crazy people in it

cheers =)

ZenithZephyr

05-04-2012

Quote:
Ahhhh ****:
thanks for trying to put words under my fingers- but I never typed that. If you want to make a straw man to attack, go for it, its fun. Just dress him weather appropriate please.

Dominion is actually more interesting to me than SR as each player has a larger influence. Plus the game is WAY shorter instead of 20 minutes of pointless leveling. Much more inclined to battle a game of dominion to the end and my records of having won 3v5s and 4v5s show it. Plus, who doesnt love the hell out of winning with 2 points left? Its a crazy fun feeling.

Never once have I afk'd because "its just dominion, it doesnt matter." Never once have I joined a game for an ip boost. I dont give a rats about IP points- its a free to play game, I dont need rewards to play.

I'm right there with you on getting severely annoyed by players who say 'its just dom'. why? because I play the game almost always with the intent to win. The only exceptions is when the other team has a disconnect or an obvious troll- then I put in what effort I can to keep the game balanced, or if its an obvious steamroll and my actions wont affect the game, I'll start screwing around and well diving or something. When a majority of my teammates are obviously not trying to win, or are just absolute jerkwads, then my desire to win can fade away. Not always, not majority of the time by any means, but it does happen.
I took to explaining this to you guys so youd perhaps realize that there are things you can do to lower the probability of having issues in your games- your solution? Try and dump on the guy whos trying to educate you. Good solution, I'm sure it'll work great.

There's an old saying "you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar" its shocking how many gamers think that this doesnt apply to them and the solution is to try and badger the other person into helping them. Virtual world has lots of crazy people in it

cheers =)

Holy ****. tl;dr. Can you not write a novel of butthurt?

Ahhhh Crap

05-04-2012

Quote:
ZenithZephyr:
Holy ****. tl;dr. Can you not write a novel of butthurt?

haha...that is such a fitting post for what I wrote...that you were unable to read.

Maybe I just have a higher reading comprehension/speed and dont think of five paragraphs as being long-winded. But I'm also not a fan of the soundbite generation. Oh well, cheers anyways

A12MO12

05-04-2012

Quote:
Ahhhh ****:
i only play blind, no draft, and I will afk a game with a worthless team. I dont care bout my win/loss, and its not a relevant metric to measure skill in the game. Again, if you want to try and talk down on me, play a game against me- otherwise youre just internet tough guy with a big keyboard =)

you said right there you afk if your team is worthless. People who do that have the mindset i mentioned before, the "it's just dominion" style of thinking.

I was not making up something you said, i was describing the mindset of players, like yourself, who exhibit that kind of behavior. They typically say something along the lines of "this team is terribad, im just going to afk no point in trying"

If it came off as a personal attack I apologize, but I see this kind of thing in so many matches and there is nothing that can really be done about it because riot does nothing for reporting in dominion.

As mentioned in my first post AFKs are an issue. Don't add to the problem by being one is what i was trying to get across.

inFe eD

05-04-2012

ITT: Ahh Poopy says he tries hard every game while simultaneously claiming he afks "if his team is terribad". Experts still undecided if he's a schizophrenic or simply very silly.

Ahhhh Crap

05-04-2012

Quote:
A12MO12:
you said right there you afk if your team is worthless. People who do that have the mindset i mentioned before, the "it's just dominion" style of thinking.

I was not making up something you said, i was describing the mindset of players, like yourself, who exhibit that kind of behavior. They typically say something along the lines of "this team is terribad, im just going to afk no point in trying"

If it came off as a personal attack I apologize, but I see this kind of thing in so many matches and there is nothing that can really be done about it because riot does nothing for reporting in dominion.

As mentioned in my first post AFKs are an issue. Don't add to the problem by being one is what i was trying to get across.

I didnt take it as a personal attack. Heck its an anonymous internet discussion board- thats about as far from personal as it can get, right?

I just said my mentality is never "its just dominion", that's all. I LIKE dominion, and wish it got more support. I was explaining and excusing my behavior, but never with a justification or rationale of it being dominion. That's all i was making a point to clarify.

Believe me, if Riot took more seriously the issue of dominion and enforced leavers/trollers, my behavior would certainly change- in no small part though because I would be playing with leavers/trollers/unskilled players a LOT less than I currently do, right?

I entirely appreciate your frustration about the issue, I was right there a couple weeks past and can probably dig up a few threads where I'm saying nearly identical things to you. It was so frustrating I stopped playing. Then my mentality changed to the current one and I'm able to enjoy LoL again. I find this an utterly sad state for the game, but it is what it is and all my frustration and rage won't change things one bit, so it'd be an exercise in futility to be riled up. I learned how to enjoy the game despite the flaws and chose to share that perspective with you guys, that's all.

you're right, the mentality you mentioned is one that many use, but I would consider those players worthless, yes? Trolls, obvious griefing feeders, IP harlots, ELO freaks, are all also players I'd lump under the worthless category, would you not? Nowhere did I say if a team has a bad comp, players having bad luck, or unskilled players would cause me to afk- you guys all choose to implant those meanings for worthless. I happily play under those conditions, I dont happily play under conditions I consider worthless, which is what I previously defined.

I was just putting in an alternative perspective hoping that it might be educational for some- if it has been cheers, if it hasnt then I've spent maybe four minutes of my life writing for no reason while watching some TV, no big loss to me.

Happy gaming =)

Ahhhh Crap

05-04-2012

Quote:
inFe eD:
ITT: Ahh Poopy says he tries hard every game while simultaneously claiming he afks "if his team is terribad". Experts still undecided if he's a schizophrenic or simply very silly.

I said I try hard every game up to a point where the pros no longer outweigh the cons. You can attempt to mock me all ya want, but I said what I said and its the truth, so not really going to bother me. Also- when you put something into quotes, it shouldnt be a paraphrase if youre attributing the quote to someone. I never said terribad anywhere previously, and actually specifically said I still enjoy playing with a team that is bad as long as its trying.

And most of my online buddies refer to my as crappy, not poopy, but whatever works for ya =)

ZenithZephyr

05-04-2012

Quote:
Ahhhh ****:
haha...that is such a fitting post for what I wrote...that you were unable to read.

Maybe I just have a higher reading comprehension/speed and dont think of five paragraphs as being long-winded. But I'm also not a fan of the soundbite generation. Oh well, cheers anyways

I think of more than one paragraph from you as too much to bother reading. I might have been off with my last post. Can't tell if you were being sarcastic. I just assumed it was butthurt.

Ahhhh Crap

05-04-2012

Quote:
ZenithZephyr:
I think of more than one paragraph from you as too much to bother reading. I might have been off with my last post. Can't tell if you were being sarcastic. I just assumed it was butthurt.

no worries, but no, I dont get butthurt over video games or anonymous online hurt words. When I was younger I certainly did and took things far to seriously, but I learned from my past mistakes.
If you dont want to bother reading my stuff, no worries- but I'm not going to put out some half-assed thing that fails to convey my point. If its short enough to read but not true, Ive wasted more of your time than if its too long for you to bother reading but accurate. I'd rather you choose to ignore something than read a false statement with my name attached, that's all.

HaIfhearted

05-05-2012

Alright, I've read your posts and think I understand where you're coming from.

Well, I guess if your ENTIRE team is being blatantly stupid and not trying to win, your afking is at least understandable.

I just have a single question.

What happens if you get a team where 3 of the people on your team suck/don't care and are goofing around, and the 4th seriously wants to win.

Do you afk, or tryhard for the sake of that 1 person?