@RIOT featured dominion spectator

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJTK

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800eloPubtrash View Post
They probably want dominion to be a casual mode. Besides from what I've seen it looks incredibly hard to "carry" in dominion. Why would anyone subject themselves to that much stress?
How is it more stress? Dominion requires different strategies than trying to feed your carry.

junseii

05-02-2012

The stress of just playing the game mode they choose to play? I mean all things considered high end Dom players whose matches were in spectate mode would probably just carry on as normal, or more likely just try to play a little better or make it a better show in hopes more people become interested in Dominion.

Pantazi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by junseii View Post
The stress of just playing the game mode they choose to play? I mean all things considered high end Dom players whose matches were in spectate mode would probably just carry on as normal, or more likely just try to play a little better or make it a better show in hopes more people become interested in Dominion.
but they dont know they are being streamed. It doesnt tell you when someone is watching you.

urmamasllama

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
I'm going to assume that the total ELO of the players in the game need to reach some certain threshold before it shows up. What I'm wondering is if it even shows blind pick games.
sauron should have enough elo alone to pop that

junseii

05-02-2012

I'm guessing it would show the match to be spectated once all champions are picked and players are at the loading screen

Redenbacher

05-02-2012

Some neutral news on this topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Kwoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Status Kwoh, since you're poking around here, is there any chance that Dominion games will be showing up on the featured games list, now or in the near future?

To everyone else: If you hate Dominion, upvote this post.
That is definitely something we've considered. I would love to have a slot on the featured games list for Dominion and TT. Right now, featured games algorithm and such is a pretty basic implementation. We'll improve it over time. We have plans.

lbgsloan

05-02-2012

Ah yes, 'we have plans'. The new 'soon' for Riot. It is a pretty safe bet at this point that they're not going to push Dominion publicly again unless they roll out ranked. It's also downright insulting when then claim to remember TT when the jungle rework completely broke an already troubled map, and have ignored it.

blackDAILO

05-02-2012

Do it, Dominion needs publicity..

deepbluereason

05-03-2012

Don't the top guys usually team queue? Unless there's enough in queue for a decent match I don't think a team of 2400 guys against a team of 1800 guys will be very entertaining to watch.

Kiddalee

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800eloPubtrash View Post
They probably want dominion to be a casual mode. Besides from what I've seen it looks incredibly hard to "carry" in dominion. Why would anyone subject themselves to that much stress?
Why do you need to "carry" every team game?