How the F do you beat Yorick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Prop Phone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Seriously. It isn't even fun to lane against him. If your jungler misses his gank you might as well leave because he is going to face roll your team. It's probably the most frustrating thing in LoL. In this last game I played Nunu was spamming his buff on Yorick which makes him pretty much unstoppable.

a prop phone (that wants to quit)

TwistWrist

07-10-2012

You don't beat him. You just survive for as long as you can.

If you can get a good gank, then you take it but other than that...there isn't much you can do.

CowMeat

07-10-2012

With Yorick you need to either go all in and kill him/ force him out of lane or play it safe and farm. Generally, if your jungler ganks him twice early then he will not have enough damage to be a real concern. A lot of his damage comes from his Q, which is melee range.

When I play Yorick I love enemies who get start aggresive, get damaged, and then play passively (because I can heal all the damage they do with my e ghoul).

Tjlep

07-10-2012

Most people consider Trundle to be a solid choice against Yorick. I haven't had the chance to try it out but, Trundle's passive gives him a lot of sustain against champions that cannot avoid pushing their lane.

Havocist

07-10-2012

You go even and beat down his ad carry. After mid game his damage is negligible - its that second carry that hurts.

As for going even... Anyone that us tanky with high sustain. I usually play Udyr or Kennen against him (although my malphite is getting better...).

TehomCD

07-10-2012

I've heard Trundle and Maokai suggested against Yorick, but haven't tried either of them myself. Usually I just play passively on whoever I'm on and just go fairly even in lane, then outscale him later.

TornSpirit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Funnily enough, Nasus has enough life steal to practically ignore Yorick after 1-2 items, and he can farm Yorick's ghosts for free Q damage. Otherwise, just survive as Yorick's late game is fairly pathetic other than the ult.

OriginalJack

07-11-2012

I play Yorick and what a lot of people don't understand is that you can't outpoke him. Playing the poke game with him just doesn't work, it's exactly what he wants you to do because he'll win in the end with better poke and more sustain.

Here's a few things you can do.
1. Call for ganks - yorick doesn't have a built in escape if a gank comes all he can really do is use his slow or flash/ghost away
2. Go all in and try to kill him - You need to do this before he has started whittling you down with his ghoul spam. Yorick isn't really all that tanky at early levels. He often builds tanky but most yoricks will rush an early tear -> manamune early before they start building tanky items
3. Don't let his ghouls keep auto attacking you - if you dip into the bushes his ghouls will stop attacking you unless he has vision in the bush.
4. Play a champion that can actually deal with him - yorick just really shuts down certain champions (mostly ones who's laning phase is very poke-based and don't have built in sustain) I remember the time I ended up laning against an ezreal... I almost feel bad for that guy. Champions like trundle, urdy and lee sin can basically shrug off yoricks harass and heal back quickly and are the ideal type of champion to take vs a yorick. Nunu also works surprisingly well because he can Q yorick's ghouls.

A Prop Phone

07-11-2012

So if you dont happen to have one of these champs in blind pick you lose. How fun.

GON the Mage Guy

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Prop Phone View Post
So if you dont happen to have one of these champs in blind pick you lose. How fun.
Or you could always switch lanes with someone, there are another 4 people on your team that can fight him, you know.

OriginalJack gave you some suggestions that don't involve picking up a certain champion.

Whining doesn't make you win against him.