How to get gold faster?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rubicon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2011

pretty much what these guys said: kill all the neutral creeps you can, and farm, farm, farm. Depending on what chamops you play, this may be difficult or really easy (i find it difficult to farm with tanks and instead focus on mashing enemy champs :P). kill the dragon heaps, and always get involved in teamfights, because even if you don get the kill, you get gold. same with towers :P (although i dont think that one counts if a minion kills it?) :P

Concerto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

This wont let you get more gold than your teammates, but if there is a tf on your team, you get more gold per kill.

Crazyflames

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbinator View Post
7 month necro

please don't
Its not like this info is useless to new players like some things ive seen necroed.

Kilrathi

04-05-2011

It's been said a couple times before but it bears repeating - kill the dragon. I'm level 18 (so not high up but far enough in that people in my solo queue games should have played upwards of 100 games by now) and I'm constantly amazed at how few people kill the dragon. I usually play Ashe and so have a hard time killing dragon by myself but if I'm playing WW or Yi or anyone who can take out the dragon, I beeline for him every time he's up and kill him -- and almost never run into trouble doing it. He gives your team, what, 190 (?) gold each, which is a ton of gold and it's basically free money assuming you're smart and don't get smitestolen or ganked while you're there. You or your team should make a point to kill Dragon whenever you can (unless, of course, teamfights, tower pushes, etc. are more pressing). Generally more valuable than just clearing another minion wave or chasing someone through the jungle.

Ellye

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliry Vorru View Post
pretty much what these guys said: kill all the neutral creeps you can, and farm, farm, farm. Depending on what chamops you play, this may be difficult or really easy (i find it difficult to farm with tanks and instead focus on mashing enemy champs :P). kill the dragon heaps, and always get involved in teamfights, because even if you don get the kill, you get gold. same with towers :P (although i dont think that one counts if a minion kills it?) :P
Whenever an enemy tower is destroyed, the entire team gains 150 gold. It doesn't matter who destroyed it. You can even be dead and you'll get the 150g, if I'm not mistaken.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyflames View Post
Its not like this info is useless to new players like some things ive seen necroed.
True, but the post itself that necroed the thread was pretty useless. It's hard to tell what exactly the point of it is, there's a bit too much sarcasm in it. If he is asking for an expanded explanation, he needs to come right out and say it. The internet, and specifically a help forum, especially when you want something, isn't the place for attempts of wit.

Burbinator

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyflames View Post
Did you even see the post that necro'd it? It was a meaningless post that added nothing to the topic. If there is info helpful for new players, they can search for it. If it's not directly relevant why necro it yourself? If i bring up EVERY old thread with SOME kind of relevant info, it'll fill up the front page and more. There's no reason to do that, it just makes things cluttered.

Daemous

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbinator View Post
7 month necro

please don't
And what? Is the topic of this thread useless, not of any importance where someone reading it would say "oh, hey the subject of this thread has no use and nobody reading it now will be able to use this thread"?

If the subject matter of a thread can still be and can be of importance or usefull to any number of players playing the game, the date of a thread or the last post posted shouldn't matter as long as it can still be of use, and be used and helpful to certain people.

Now it would be a different story if a thread was posted about a bug, OP or UP champion that was fixed or some feature that no longer works the same way or was removed, then someone posts on it when the thread is no longer needed, THEN that has rights for someone to complain about someone else necroing it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-17-2012

The thread is largely out of date. New players seeing this thread will see information that was correct at the time, but is no longer so.

Don't act as if you know everything when you're new around here, necroing is frowned upon for a reason.

youmustbelyon

12-17-2012

Though I have not played a lot, I have noticed a thing about gold. Consistently last hitting, dragon, and most importantly playing aggressive. If you get a 2 v 2, be aggressive. Though it's dangerous at some points, you are not going to earn gold by being passive and allowing the enemy to freely last hit.