How to get gold faster?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BoneMachine95

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2010

Everyone else gets gold like super quickly compared to me, but I farm just as efficiently as they do. What gives?

Captain Taco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2010

It may just seem this way. Also, remember this important tip that took me a long time to learn:

-DRAGON KILLS WIN GAMES-

It's 130 gold to everybody.

xpsychedelico

08-13-2010

Kills and assists grant you gold as well, so always help your teammates.

ZeroTheRulerz

08-13-2010

I noticed the same thing when I first started to play, but as time went on I realized that last hitting on minions is one of the main ways of making money especially if you play carries like ashe, sivir etc. Its a learned skill... and I have found that after you get used to it then you can even be good at last hits with tanks like shen etc. Killing neutral creeps also helps ALOT during the game and it is a really good way to get gold.

If you do not know what a carry is... a carry is a champion that helps kill minions fast to help carry your minion wave towards the other tower or clear a minion wave fast so it does not come to your tower.

R66Y

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheRulerz View Post
If you do not know what a carry is... a carry is a champion that helps kill minions fast to help carry your minion wave towards the other tower or clear a minion wave fast so it does not come to your tower.
that is....incorrect. That is generally referred to as a pusher.

A carry is a champ that becomes a dominant damage dealer late game. They tend to be squishy early on, but can stomp teams if fed. In effect, they need to be "carried" early on and will then "carry" the team at the end. You will often hear people also refer to a "hard carry", which is a carry that is near useless to start but becomes a one man wrecking ball by the games end if fed. Tryndamere is an example of a carry.

ZeroTheRulerz

08-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66Y View Post
that is....incorrect. That is generally referred to as a pusher.

A carry is a champ that becomes a dominant damage dealer late game. They tend to be squishy early on, but can stomp teams if fed. In effect, they need to be "carried" early on and will then "carry" the team at the end. You will often hear people also refer to a "hard carry", which is a carry that is near useless to start but becomes a one man wrecking ball by the games end if fed. Tryndamere is an example of a carry.
Thanks for correcting me. Now I will use that term correctly.

Deftblades

04-03-2011

so the answer is farm better? that easy huh...

Shadow Blade100

04-03-2011

you may not be farming as well as you think, unless you get 5-6 minion kills out of 6 a wave you could do better. just stop auto atking, only last hit the minions, every single atk should finish a minion. this way you are not pushing up by their tower so far you cant get away if they ambush you. also you get more gold.

THIS PRACTICE IS CALLED LAST HITTING, AND IT IS THE MOST FUNDAMENTAL SKILL IN THE GAME.
~ good hunting, Shadow Blade

Burbinator

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftblades View Post
so the answer is farm better? that easy huh...
7 month necro

please don't

KillerMort

04-03-2011

last hit, assist and always, whenever no one is doing anything at the moment, ping Drake.