Spectator Mode

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tangyboy

05-01-2012

Anyone know how to leave spectator mode? Or do you get penalty for leaving?

Dera Mochimazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

1. You leave it the same was as leaving a game.
2. No

RiotKTGoldwolf

Assistant Producer

05-01-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

You can press the escape key to being up the menu and select End Game to quit spectating.

There is no penalty for quitting spectator mode so you can watch as much or as little as you like.

Fire Swamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

If you look at chat, some games that spectate, you can see a lot of abuse going on. I was wondering if there is any way for a spectator to report someone as a witness for the tribunal system. I feel this could stop making a lot of complaints to people saying "why did I get banned?"

TwistWrist

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Swamp View Post
If you look at chat, some games that spectate, you can see a lot of abuse going on. I was wondering if there is any way for a spectator to report someone as a witness for the tribunal system. I feel this could stop making a lot of complaints to people saying "why did I get banned?"
I seriously doubt it. 3 minute delay is how long a ward lasts. Anything that you tell them three minutes in the past is probably too late.

The only possible area of abuse is buff timing since spectators can know the exact time that a buff goes down. But those timings should be recorded anyway.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Swamp View Post
There's currently no means to, but they mentioned they're talking about it. While you might think it an obvious idea, keep in mind games might have thousands of viewers watching them; how do you balance those reporting or not reporting merely in games they're spectating? It would also be exceptionally easy to 'troll-report' by having multiple people spectate the same game and report someone... I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that it's not cut and dry.